5 - First Team Mission

Thanks for helping me reach 2,000! sorry it took me so long to upload but I hope this is worth the wait :)

--

I opened my eyes, everyone was just standing there, trying to seek out who shot. None of us were injured and so none of us had shot. Awkwardly, I caught Flavio's eyes and squinted. He didn't react, instead he nodded towards the door, and there was the shooter. Mr Whitehead, the guy who introduced Lucas, Aqua and I to the training facility. Then, I looked to my right, at the exit door and there was the bullet mark. He shot at the door. What the...?

"Nice to see you've settled in and made best friends, Valentina," Mr Whitehead sarcastically remarked. "I'm happy to see you've settled in this good, and I'm sure you'll be glad to know that these people including the computer know-it-all Fredrick, will be your Mission Team."

"Arrgh! No... That's not fair.. I mean, no offence but.. NO!" I sighed demandingly. 

"Mmm. Yes, they'll be your team, and you will come to your first mission briefing tomorrow at 0600 hours, in the main hall. You are now agent slash assassin Val," he walks off. Suddenly he turns around agian. "Oh, and keep off eachother, there's no need to kill eachother, save your killings for the missions. Not for eachother." He chuckles and walks back to the main base.

 ***

0600 hours. 21st May

No Lucas. No Aqua. How am I going to live? How am I meant to do a mission without them by my side. I mean, come on! Lucas, especially, has always been there being the best brother ever, helping me out in assassinations. But no. I'm with Flavio and Sophia DeSilva, Hailey Green and a nerd called Fredrick. Great.

My outfit was laid for me on my bed when I got to my room. It consisted of a black leather biker jacket and matching bottoms with zips all around. I have to admit, I looked awesome. Just like a model. 

Finally, I arrived at the main meeting hall. I opened the door and peered in. All the agents were sitting there but Mr Whitehead wasn't in there. Guess I weren't that late. Nervously, I sat down next to a little guy with curly hair, presumably Fredrick.

"Hey, I'm Fredrick van Cougerhousen. But you can call me Freddy van Cougerhousen. Or just Freddy," he laughed.

"Haa haa haa. Interesting. I'm Valentina Summers but you can call me Val," I replied, straight-faced. I couldn't help but notice Flavio chuckling in the background with his fist covering his mouth. I shot him an I'm-Not-Satisfied look. 

Suddenly, the door flew open and Mr Whitehead rushed in, slamming the door behind him. "Hello, glad to see you're all here on time. Rules. One. Listen to eachother and follow your plans. Two: you tell noone about the missions. Noone," he glared at me.

"Okay. I'm not gonna tell Lucas, or Esme, or Leo or Aqua. Or... Anyone!" I grunted.

"Good. Now that we've got that out of the way. Your first mission." He threw a folder in the middle of the table and Flavio reached out to get it. Flavio cleared his voice, getting ready to read it out.

"Take out Mr and Mrs Gingerveen. Biological parents of..." Flavio gasped and looked at me with sorry in his eyes. "...Biological parents of Lucas Summers."