11 - Files

Fab twist at the end, don't kill me because of the cliffy >.<                &I'm trying to make my chapters longer so here goes :D

VOOOTE !  --------------------------------------------------------------------------->  

---

Valentina POV

"I shouldn't have to be making this decision. You're both as bad as eachother! You guys need to sort this out. Woman to Woman," Flavio sighed. "We're all sick and tired of you two girls fighting constantly and Sophia, you're always the one in the wrong. You shouldn't be offending Valentina all the time and definitely not bringing up disturbing things from the past to do with Hailey. How did you manage to get hold of their files anyway?"

"I can't expose my secret, otherwise it isn't a secret is it? Let's just say, I know ways. And I know people," Sophia chuckled, still dusting herself off.

"But wait, why were you and Hailey arguing anyway? I mean, over what?" I asked.

"I was shouting at her because she's always against you. Like, she threw you down the stairs and that shocked me and brought back memories. Certain memories," Hailey interrupted.

I couldn't help it. I really couldn't. I cried. I actually cried. Me. Valentina Summers: heartless girl, brutal soul actually cried. Tears escaped my eyes slowly and I just ran out of the gym. Running. Running again. I ran up to my hotel room and jumped on the bed.

I don't think anyone saw me crying though, only a few tears escaped my eyes but a lot managed to cascade down as I ran up the stairs. To be honest, I didn't even know why I was crying. Maybe it was the fact that poor, innocent Hailey was a rape victim. Or the fact that Flavio thought I was as bad as Sophia. Or the fact that Hailey really cared about me, like a sister.

Whatever it was, I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

*

Hailey came into our hotel room around half an hour later and sat down next to me. I was ferociously punching a pillow, thinking that it was Sophia. It was working. Taking out my anger on the pillow, I mean. Hailey tapped me softly on the shoulder. I took a moment to look at her. Her long brown hair hanging above her waist, her emerald eyes twinkling with tears, her green top stained with salty tears but her black jeans remained perfect. "What's on your mind, Val?" Hailey asked me.

"I need those files. I need to access them and be on the same level as Sophia. All I need is someone who can access files through a computer, I mean getting them manually would mean to go back to the actual base which I have no idea about the location. So via computer is my only hope," I thought aloud.

"Freddy. Yeah, Freddy can do that type of stuff. But he needs a computer. And he hasn't got the USB stick with all the files on it. Only Mr Whitehead has that," Hailey intelligently said. "And the closest place with computer access isbthe internet cafe in the lobby but that's closed after nine o'clock at night."

"It's okay, we'll just break into the internet cafe. We just need Freddy in on this."

Hailey and I went to Freddy and Flavio's room. I hid behind in a closet (which contained staff clothes) in the corridor whilst Hailey knocked on the door. If I knocked on the door, Flavio would know that I'm up to something. I kept a small gap open to see what was happening.

Flavio opened the door for Hailey. His eyes were bright red. Had he been crying? "Hey, hey! What do you need? You gonna come in? Do you need something?" Flavio kindly asked.

"No no, I'm okay now. Just two things. Please forget about what Sophia mentioned, just treat me as a normal person, please. I'm nothing different," Hailey requested. Flavio nodded and smiled. "Second thing, can you please get me Freddy, I need to speak to him?"