9 - The Take Out

I'm so excited about this chapter. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I liked writing it :) the one you've all been waiting for.......

Warning... Unedited(:

---

Valentina POV

They say a man kisses you on the forehead if they love you, and want you forever. Flavio kissed me on the forehead. I didn't know how to react. My forehead tingled with his warm kiss. Flavio of all people? Kissing me? I had to break the awkwardness. "I gotta go. I..uh...have to go get a pizza for Hailey. See you tomorrow," I stuttered.

"Yeah of course, I don't know what I was thinking. I mean we're just frie..." he sighed then I cut him off. I put my finger on his lips and smiled. I shrugged and ran off back to my hotel room. As I opened the door, Hailey came out of the bathroom in her bathrobe.

"Oi, oi! Where have you been," Hailey questioned assissted with her cheeky smile. I smiled back (fakely of course) and lay down on my huge bed. How on earth was I gonna work with someone who's just kissed me. I mean, wouldn't it be a bit ..awkward? Hailey sighed heavily and went to change behind the screen.

Assassins don't experience romance! I'm 20 years old and haven't even thought of the concept of romance in my life. I don't think I want any romance. This is how I see love: get married, have kids, grow old and gray together..then die. End of.

Whatever.

I sent Lucas the full plan to make out that the Gingerveens were assassinated and informed him that Flavio would be in and helping us. We went over the plan multiple times via the phone. I had to be extra extra careful and make sure no-one was listening in. Finally, we both got it.

Flavio insisted that he doesn't need to go over the plan. He said that he fully understood it and if there wasn't anything he didn't get, he'd be sure to contact me.

Hailey, Sophia, Freddy, Flavio and I got told to go to the meeting room so we could go over the (acutal) plan one more time so we could 'take out' the parents tonight. Mr Whitehead handed out target profiles with the Gingerveens' life stories and other essential things about them.

I was so used to calling my brother Lucas: Lucas Summers, but he's actually called Lucas Gingerveen. It would take some getting used to. We always knew he was adopted but Leo and Esme Summers told us that Lucas' parents died. But they're alive. Why hide that? What the hell was going on?!

The profiles looked like those crime case folders they get in CSI and The Mentalist, it was all paper but the back and the cover were lightly colored brown cardboard. Mr and Mrs Gingerveen are both 42 years old with a very difficult past. Mr Jacob Gingerveen was a very rich business man and drug dealers held him for ransom. Once the ransom was paid, he was let go. But every secret those drug lords had was known by Mr Gingerveen.

The drug lords have paid the C.I.A a lot of money to take him out so their secrets are kept private. I didn't understand. There's got to be more to it than money. Something's being hidden. Again.

"No. This isn't right," I accidently thought aloud. "There just has to be more to this. But what?"

"Okay, Summers. I said that I wouldn't tell you guys the real reason, but the actual reason for their assassination is that..." Mr Whitehead looked around to see if everyone was paying attention and that absolutely noone could hear or see in. "Right, the Gingerveens have a computer virus in their hands which has already wiped out the memory in our criminals database. If we let that data go, those criminals will stay out there - killing innocent people."