63

APRIL — THE WAREHOUSE — 12:12 PM

This teleportation felt weirder than the others. It felt longer, twisting her stomach inside and out. Morgan closed her eyes for it, but when she finally felt solid ground under her feet, she opened them. They were just outside of a large warehouse in a quiet area. She smiled. It had worked.

"Ok, let's get all these kids inside," Pepper said. "We've got to get the healer and Alexis to Rylie immediately."

Right after, before they could even begin to file the supernaturals inside, the door was shoved open and Monica ran out, accompanied by the others a few seconds later, excluding Rylie. "You're back!" She said, happily, then took register of the large crowd of kids they currently had. "Oh, wow..."

"Oh boy," Marcus muttered.

She shook it off, immediately taking on her motherly instincts. "Come on everyone, in you go." Slowly but surely, they all began to warily step inside as the others walked over to them.

"Long time no see," Tyler joked, walking over to Pepper before he leaned on her shoulder.

"It's been less than a week, you idiot," she snapped, moving out of the way as he almost fell from losing his support.

"I'm assuming this meant it went well," Monica said, eagerly.

"Fairly well," Joey confirmed. "Aside from Morgan almost dying, it went pretty smoothly."

Monica raised an eyebrow at her, in which Morgan shrugged in reply. "I'll explain it later. What's the name of that healer, Joey?"

"Elizabeth Rayn," he replied. "We should probably get her to Rylie. How's he been?"

"Stable," Monica replied, hesitantly. "He's been sleeping a lot lately. I've kept him on bed-rest."

The six of them went inside the warehouse as the last supernatural got in. Morgan was surprised by their organization. In one corner was over two hundred bunk beds, all fairly close together with some wriggle room. In the diagonal corner was a few tables stacked with food, and then in the corner next to the beds was boxes. On the left wall from the door, there was a high platform with a separate room closed off by a wall, with one door leading inside, under it, almost like a roof balcony with the warehouse ceiling still on top.

The kids were murmuring amongst themselves, but considering there were so many of them, it made a fair amount of noise.

"How did you assemble all this?" Joey asked in surprise.

"Lots of time, effort, and money," Marcus summarized.

"I pulled in many favours, and those who aren't going to battle are going to go with some foster homes," Monica said, then looked back at them. "Don't ask about the foster homes. It's a long story. But, to cut it short, they know the kids have... Abilities, and are willing to keep their mouths shut and manage them."

"This is amazing, guys," Pepper praised, still in shock.

"Don't look at us," Tyler said, raising his hands up in surrender. "It was all Mon."

"Well, I try," she said, smiling. Then, she handed Morgan a megaphone. "Want to address your army, General?"

Morgan grinned. "You're just prepared for everything?"

"Always."

Morgan walked over to the balcony and climbed the steps up. She hesitantly turned the megaphone on, and spoke into it, her words vibrating around the echoey room. "Hi everyone. I know you're all kind of confused, and probably still cautious of us." She took a deep breath. "We're all to here to help. I suppose we should start with introductions. First off, Pepper, our amazingly talented techie who helped us get you out." Pepper smiled as they all collectively turned around, and she waved. "Monica, our nurse and general help?" She said, although it came out as a question as she was unsure what to title to give Monica. Still, the woman raised a hand to show it was her. "She organized most of this. Then, Marcus, another techie, who was also back here doing some warehouse work. There's also Tyler..." She trailed off. "Who doesn't really do much."