53

MARCH — THE AMO — 1:12 PM

Teddy heaved as he reappeared next to Tyler with their friends. "Rylie!" He squealed, and quickly hugged his friend. Rylie returned it, his cheery best friend making him feel at least a little better after what had happened. Pepper looked at the door as they reunited to see a dent, then another being created.

"I don't mean to interrupt but I don't think the locks are going to hold them much longer," she said, worriedly.

"She doesn't look very good," Teddy commented, looking at 2832, who was swaying, her eyes closed, before she crumpled down. Teddy quickly caught her and scooped her up. "Jesus. She's in really bad shape."

"Yeah, we had to watch it." Rylie shook at the memory, then looked more closely at Teddy. "Who are you, by the way?"

"Not the time," Pepper said. "We have to go. Now."

They all ran through the hall, following Pepper who seemed to know where she was going. They ran down some stairs, and to a back exit that must have been locked from the inside. There was Monica, waiting in the car.

Tyler shoved the door open and they all ran in. "Rylie! Thank god you're alright," Monica said, relieved, then paled at the sight of 2832. "Oh my god."

"I know. Marcus was late," Pepper said, bitterly.

"Speaking of, he better hurry his ass up," Tyler piped up.

A few seconds later, the blue-haired man bolted out of the door and jumped into the passenger seat. Monica pressed her foot on the gas pedal, and they took off.

MARCH — THE AMO — 1:57 PM

"I want a full sweep. Every single building in this city has to be searched. We must exhaust every resource," Travers declared, strictly, and a few men left to inform others. "Alert every agent that's undercover and press hard on the kids in the camps. We need good fighters right now."

"I'm sorry, Sergeant," an agent interrupted, "but doesn't this seem like a bit much? She's only one girl."

"Jeffrey," Travers said, trying to remain calm. "She may only be one, but she made it clear that she was planning a rebellion. That group knows too much and needs to be taken cared of immediately. Then added the fact that she is a zero."

MARCH — THE APARTMENT — 2:43 PM

The five of them waited in the secret apartment's living room. Monica had been trying to take care of 2832's wounds, or at least the bad ones.

"Was it as Sav described it?" Tyler asked, and Pepper swiftly stomped on his foot. "Jesus, what?!"

"I don't think he wants to re-live it by talking to us," she hissed.

"No, guys, I'm not fragile or anything," Rylie muttered. "I was only at the camps for a week or two. Sure, I'm scarred but I don't mind talking about it." He took a deep breath. "Hearing about it from Sav was like a horror movie. But living it, even for such a short amount of time, but so much worse.

"I never got any of the electric shocks like Sav did... But they had whips. And, God, since I didn't have my powers and I couldn't do what they asked, they thought I was just rebelling and only hit me harder." He bit his lip and closed his eyes. "And since I didn't have super-healing, they'd just keep hitting the same places."

"I completely forgot about that!" Pepper gasped, running over to him. "We have to get you to Monica. Let me see it."

"No, no," he insisted, slapping her hands away. "Honestly. I'm good for now. Sav is in much worse condition. I swear, after her healing has made her all better, I'll go to Monica."