50

MARCH — THE AMO — 11:12 AM

"Alright, Pepper. Do it," Monica ordered, as they all crouched down in the bushes a few feet away from where the ground should open.

They all wore black clothing to disguise themselves, choosing it from the footage to blend in. Pepper was by far the most different, wearing a wig that resembled her natural brown hair. The only exception was that it hovered a little past her shoulders. She wore a black muscle shirt with a grey sports bra underneath, the side visible by the deep sleeve holes. She paired it with black ripped jeans and combat boots. She also had some fake glasses on.

Tyler chose to look less like a field agent compared to Pepper. He wore black slacks with a white shirt, and a black tie that Monica had helped him tie. He had used some gel to slide his blonde hair back. Pepper had quickly decided she preferred the old him after seeing him as so. He had also placed green contact lenses in, with a lot of trouble.

Marcus opted for a hat as soon as possible. It covered the blueness of his hair well. He, like Tyler, went for a more formal look. He wore brown slacks with a white shirt and a blue tie. He removed his glasses and put in prescription contact lenses.

Teddy also chose to look like a field agent, wearing jeans and a leather jacket, with a shirt underneath and a hat on his head. All of it was dark, mostly black. He didn't have to change as much compared to the rest of them.

All of them had a hidden pistol just in case. They didn't want to engage in any sort of fight, but it was a just-incase measure.

Pepper flipped open the old laptop they had bought. She had already set it up, and only needed to do a few more things. First, she hacked back into the AMO, making sure she was seen and heard. Then, when she noticed someone was fighting back, she made it seem like she was across the city. She secretly turned off the security cameras to the area they were in at the same time. Finally, she made purposely made an error so they could see where the hacker was from.

"Done," she whispered.

They then waited a few more minutes. They heard a mechanism, and hid even more if possible. The false stone ground made a perfect square in the ground, then lifted up. Two cars rolled out, and as soon as they were far enough away, the five sprinted to the closing door. As Teddy couldn't teleport so close to the power preventing borders, if one person didn't make it, there wasn't much they could do.

Teddy made it in easily, Tyler following close behind. Next was Pepper, then Marcus. Monica waited outside, being their escape vehicle.

"We're in," Marcus muttered. "I can't believe we're in."

"We don't have any time to be happy about it," Teddy commanded. "We go to our places as planned. Now, walk away like everything's normal."

They all separated, some in groups and some alone. Marcus walked with Pepper to the elevator and they got inside without any complications. "What floor?" He whispered.

"Two," she replied.

The elevator doors began to close, but they heard a distant and out of breath, "Wait!". Marcus quickly pressed the button to open the doors, and Pepper pursed her lips and closed her eyes to suppress her frustration. It was a risky move to have an agent with them.

The man ran into the elevator. He adjusted his black shirt and smiled. "Sorry, I'm just almost late," he said. He had curly red hair on top of his head, with hazel eyes. "I'm Sean Rygid. You must be new here?"

Pepper gulped, her heart racing. He was one of Sav's old teammates. How did he not recognize them? "Yeah, we're new," Marcus responded calmly. If he had come to the same realization she had, he wasn't showing it. "What floor do you want to go to?"