12

JANUARY — "THE LAB" — 4:02 PM

T2832 tied her fingerless gloves tighter to protect her knuckles. She pulled her locks into a ponytail, waiting impatiently for 2387 to arrive. The thought of death no longer scared her, since she had no one to live for anymore. If she died fighting against him, so be it. If she didn't... Great.

The red ropes surrounding the ring had been taken down. A lot of the stuff in the training room had been taken out so they'd have more space to battle.

Finally, a man walked in. He had to have been just in his early-mid twenties, his brown hair buzzed off but growing back. He was tall, but just a few inches taller than her. He didn't wear the standard trainee uniform, but his own decided clothes. A loose brown shirt and grey pants, and a belt that held twin daggers. His grey eyes held nothing but determination, judgment, and pure disgust. It looked like he recognized the place. She wondered if he had gone to this lab before, or was merely disgusted he had to fight someone like her.

He pulled out his knives, twisting them expertly in his hands. "I failed a crucial mission," he said, his voice low, intense and threatening. "Therefor, I have the punishment of fighting a potential newbie."

"When I'm out of here, I'll make sure I never do," she retorted, plucking a katana off the wall and slowly walking towards him.

He laughed shortly. "You'll never make it to the SN Unit."

She had heard of the term, 'SN Unit', before and guessed it meant Supernatural Unit. That must have been their code name for the project.

"We'll just have to see now, won't we?"

2387 dragged the daggers against each other, making a horrible sound, over and over. "Over the last three and a half years, I've killed sixty-one thousand, one hundred thirty-two people. From what I've heard, you've only killed one trainee."

"I'll be happy to make you number two."

"And I'll be delighted to make you number sixty-one thousand, one hundred and thirty-three."

T2832 bit her lip, then jumped forward. She brought the katana down towards him, but he blocked it with his two weapons. Making sure her blind spot wasn't open long enough for him to take advantage of it. She spun out of the way and narrowly avoided a slice at her leg.

He ran forward and tried to stab her in the chest, which she avoided, but missed the other dagger which cut her shoulder. She hissed and slashed at his chest but he backed away. She tried away, stabbing forward but he caught it between his palms and smirked. He then bended it with ease. She cursed and dropped it, then resorted to punching him in the face, which she immediately regretted.

She pulled her hand back, which burned with pain. She could have broken her hand. His skin was so hard and strong that only a weapon could puncture it thanks to his strength powers. And instead of her doing serious damage to his face, his face did serious damage to her fist.

He barely even flinched when she hit him, and grinned when her eyes widened in shock and pain. He then punched her back with such strength it made her stumble. She tasted blood in her mouth, and caught herself from falling. She scowled, and pulled one of his daggers towards her. He held it tightly, but in this kind of test of strength, her abilities proved more powerful. She looked at the hilt, carved in intricate designs with a silver blade, just recently sharpened and cleaned.

"Pretty," she said, mockingly, then threw it towards him. He dodged to the side, and it stuck into the wall. He was now right by the array of weapons. And, of course, he selected a gun. She recognized it and saw them load it. Seven bullets inside.