08

DECEMBER — "THE LAB" — 10:20 AM

Combat lessons were getting fiercer and harder. They've taught her more skills, more importantly, deadly skills. Pressure points on the body, stronger hooks to the jaw, kicks to the small of the back to break the backbone, snapping necks and more. All of which were intended to be fatal. She was beginning to think the term 'solider' wasn't the right word to describe what they were trying to turn the, into. Obedient assassins seemed better.

T2832 never missed with guns and throwing knives anymore. Bullseyes, constantly, swiftly and without doubt. Her teacher was becoming too easy, and she knew that if they kept up with it, she'd kill him soon.

What she didn't know, was that weeks after her last combat lesson, she'd be sparing with a different partner.

Emotions were nonexistent now. It was like they chose what she got to feel, and apparently the only emotions she was allowed were anger and hatred. She was becoming loyal to them. She would kill for them, and she wanted to. She wanted to kill. She didn't care if they were innocent, or guilty of some crime.

T2832 didn't think about her old life. Her first one, with her family, and Andrea and Carson; or her second short one with Casper and Joey. They were merely disappearing memories, fragments of the past. And whenever she remembered moments of laughing with Andrea and Carson in the ice cream shop, it felt weird. Like she was watching something from another person, since she was so different now.

Sure, she missed laughing and eating ice cream and being carefree. But that life seemed so out of reach. It felt unreasonable and impossible. She couldn't go back even if she tried.

She didn't want to.

She wanted to stay with these people who let her bloodlust run free, something she didn't realize she had kept trapped in for years. She got to kill, and hurt people, and as bad as it sounded, she loved it. T2832 looked forward to it. And as much as she despised Leonard, she was becoming his favourite. She couldn't help but wonder if she'd get out soon.

Although she wouldn't admit it, she found the memories disappearing.

She also realized very quickly that all the staff there was completely invested in this operation. They wouldn't just fire them and let them run free. If a doctor or scientist suddenly decided they didn't like what was happening to all these kids, they'd be killed. It was a secret government project. If news got out that they were torturing kids ages from five to twenty, everyone would be pissed and horrified.

Weird how she used to be terrified that she even thought that. But now, it was so casual that she knew that someone there would be eventually murdered.

T2832 waited in the ring for her opponent. They didn't tell her who she was facing, just that it wasn't her teacher. And apparently, this battle would be all out. Powers, weapons and hand-to-hand combat. It made her think she was probably fighting another supernatural. A trainee or someone who had graduated?

Then, the person entered. She recognized them as T2798, a girl with black hair she had seen in the cafeteria. She was cuffed with thick handcuffs. T2832 tried to figure out what powers she possessed. She struck her as maybe another telekinetic, or possibly apart of the mind control section. If she was the latter, it'd be a challenge.

T2832 narrowed my eyes at her. T2798 wasn't as far along as she was, that much she could gather. She didn't know what her powers were or her power level, but she was a skinny little thing with no visible muscles on her boney arms or legs.

She almost wanted to ask if it was a joke, but decided to not let her guard down. T2798 could be not so strong in the fighting category but could very well be a low number.