SIW - 22.

four years later

"First day of school," Beyoncé said, looking down at her daughter, "Are you excited?" Cori smiled as Beyoncé ran her hands through her daughter's fresh new braids

It was the first day of the school year and Cori was now seven years old in the second grade. Because of her maturity, Beyoncé was able to move her up a grade. It took a lot of thought into her decision, but she figured it was for the best and Cori didn't seem too fazed by it.

"I hope you have a great day Baby C." Tee said, calling Cori by the nickname he had given her.

She smiled and gave him a hug, "Thanks Tee. I'm ready mommy."

Beyoncé looked at her boyfriend and smiled at the way he was looking at her. She inched closer to him and placed a kiss on his lips, "Are you going to be home by the time I get off?"

He shrugged, "Should be."

After a year of making things official, Beyoncé and Tee decided to finally move in together. To her, it seemed just right.

Tee got along well with Cori and treated her like his own. Right then, Beyoncé knew he was the one. Her daughter was her main priority and Tee made Cori his too.

"Alright baby. I'll see you when I get off."

"Have a good day," Tee said, "Both of you, and call me if you need anything babe."

With Cori in front of her, Beyoncé walked out of the door and to her car. Like usual, Cori hopped in the backseat while her mother drove her to school.

It took nearly ten minutes for them to make it to the elementary school that Cori attended. Getting out of the car, Cori gasped seeing the one man she knew she could always count on.

"Daddy! I'm so happy to see you!" She grinned, running into the arms of her father.

"Hey munchkin, how could I miss your first day? I would never."

She hugged him tightly, "I know. Did you speak to mommy?"