SIW - 19.

Beyoncé

I watched Jay maneuver around my bedroom, looking around for his things.

It was a Sunday, so thankfully I'm off today, but Jay had to work.

It's been weeks since I found out about him not having a job and he was still leaving here early in the morning saying he's going to work.

Sometimes I just had to laugh because men are stupid, and I was 99.9% done with his lies and games.

I have yet to mention it to him that I do know about his little secret, but I wanted to see how far he would take it. I already know he wasn't going to tell me. It's been two weeks of me really knowing and there's no telling how long he's been without an actual job.

I thought maybe he was working somewhere else, but he would've told me I'm sure.

"What are you looking for?" I questioned, a little agitated that he was walking around here making a bunch of noise like it wasn't seven in the morning and my baby wasn't asleep.

Cori laid in bed next to me, resting her head on my pillow. I rolled my eyes and moved her over a little so I could lay like I wanted to.

"Nothing, I got it." Jay said. It really amazed me that this man was so dedicated in this little lie.

He woke up every morning to put on this dumb ass uniform, knowing he wasn't going to work. Honestly, he could have just told me the truth. Of course I'm going to be upset, but he has taken it too far. There's no telling what else he's lying about.

I had mentally already broken up with him. I couldn't even shed any tears about it, because I'm just done.

I'm so sick of being lied to and hurt by the same person. It's just whatever for me now. My mind was clearly made up and I was definitely done with him this time around.

The only thing that was keeping me from exposing his white ass lie is the sex. This pregnancy had my hormones all over the place and sex was all I wanted so I needed to get it as much as I can before I tell him about himself.

Honestly, that's the only thing his lying ass is good for.

"I'm about to go." He announced, cutting the bathroom light off and walking towards me. My back laid against the headboard as he leaned down and placed a kiss on my now swollen lips.

"Where you going?" I asked once we pulled away from the kiss.

"Man, you know where I'm going."

I nodded, wanting to say something so bad but I decided against it. "Okay, have a good day."

"Love you." He whispered, kissing my lips again and placing a kiss on Cori's forehead.

"Mhm.." I said, watching him walk out of the room. I could hear the front door open and close, and knew he was gone when I was met with pure silence.

I sighed and looked at Cori who was sleeping peacefully as usual. I was a little jealous that I couldn't go back to sleep, but I turned on a movie until I was finally able to close my eyes again.

__________

"Am I doing this right?" I asked mama Gloria as I made the mixture for the candied yams I was cooking for Sunday's dinner.

She leaned over to look at what I was doing, "Yes, just add a little bit more Cinnamon."

I did as she said and once I was done, I placed it in the oven to bake for thirty minutes.

"They say it suppose to snow tomorrow, so they may cancel school for the kids." Mama said.

"They always saying it's going to snow and it never happen."