SIW - 1.

My eyes slowly opened and I immediately closed them when the sun began blinding me

My eyes slowly opened and I immediately closed them when the sun began blinding me. I groaned and adjusted my position in the uncomfortable passenger seat of the 2014 Toyota Camry.

No I ain't crazy, so bitch don't try to play me
I'm a 38 baby, go against me I'ma slam them
Out the north, know not to spare them
Go with his move, bitch I dare them

I opened my eyes and looked over at my little brother, CJ. He had one hand on the steering wheel and the other holding his phone. It seemed as if he was recording himself rapping along to whatever music he currently had blasting throughout the car.

"Damn, about time you woke up." He said. Since I was fully awake now due to his loud ass music, I sat the seat up and stretched a little.

"Where we at?" I asked, unsure of my surroundings. Seemed like we were driving through a vacant ass town because all I saw was trees.

"10 minutes out of Jackson."

I nodded and sat back, instantly seeing the Welcome sign that made me let out a sigh of relief. I'm finally home.

"Mama told me not to tell you, but I know you hate surprises and shit

"Mama told me not to tell you, but I know you hate surprises and shit. She threw you a Welcome Home party and everybody is literally at the house waiting."

I sucked my teeth, "Man, I'an even surprised. Mama is always doing some shit. Who she invited?"

"The usual. The family, your homies, and all your BMs." CJ looked at me with a smirk and I already knew what he was thinking. "I hope they don't start no shit." He added.

"They better not because I ain't dealing with that shit."

"Well, you were locked up for two years. So I expect them to be on all the bullshit."

When I began seeing other cars and stores, I knew we were in the city. I sat back and rubbed my hands through my rough hair. First thing I was doing tomorrow was getting a lineup. I would cut all my hair off and start fresh, but I was actually feeling the nappy dreads look. It's different.