SIW - 8.

I looked at the time on my phone as I stood outside of Beyoncé's door. It was 11:49 PM and I had been standing outside for the past five minutes knocking until she finally opened up.

She texted me earlier in the day saying she wanted to talk, but I've been with my kids all day. We could've rescheduled this talk for another day at least, but I was curious to know what exactly shorty wanted to talk about.

I could hear her movement on the other side of the door and finally the door opened. She stood before me with her wet, curly hair down her back and a towel wrapped around her body. She definitely just got out of the shower.

"Damn, took long enough." I said when she stepped aside to let me in.

She rolled her eyes, as usual and closed the door behind me, "I was in the shower. You can take a seat, I'll be back."

She disappeared towards the back of her crib while I walked towards Cori's room. I turned the light on and was surprised as fuck when I didn't see my baby in her crib. I looked around her room a little bit until turning off the light and leaving.

I figured she was in Bey's room so I made my way there. I peeked my head in a little but didn't see my baby. I wanted to be worried, but I shrugged it off and went back into the living room to sit down.

I was on my phone to help keep me occupied until she came back, but I got bored with that shit

I was on my phone to help keep me occupied until she came back, but I got bored with that shit. Grabbing the remote, I turned the television on and to my surprised, the TV was already set to ESPN. I sucked my teeth as I thought about Beyoncé having Cameron over here. I know for sure she's not watching this shit. That's crazy for her to lie to me and say he never been over here when he really has.

Minutes passed and she was finally emerging back into the living room. She took a seat on the opposite side of the couch and yawned.

"I didn't think it was this late." She said, looking down at the time on her phone.

"Where's Cori?" I asked, keeping my focus on the television.

"She's hanging with her friends. I needed a break today. I'm always in mommy mode."

I finally looked at her and frowned, "What friends?"

"My coworker has twin daughters a year older than her. She wanted to be with them, so I let her have her fun. I'm picking her up tomorrow though."

"And you trust this person?"

She looked at me and sucked her teeth, "I wouldn't have my baby around someone I didn't trust."

I crossed my arm over my chest and put my focus back on the highlights playing on ESPN. I was deep into it, not even minding her presence until she turned the TV off.

I smacked my lips and looked at her like she was crazy, "The hell you do that for?"

"Because I invited you over here to talk, not watch TV." She sat the remote on the other side of her and I just shrugged.