SIW - 20.

Jay

I pulled the blunt from my lips and stared at it as I blew the smoke out of my nostrils and back in. I was only one blunt in and felt like I was out of this world – but that's what good weed do to you.

"I'm high as fuck." My homie, Cole said as he took a puff from his own blunt.

Cole was a guy I met at my previous job. He was a cool ass dude to me, and super chill. He was one of the first guys I clicked with and we been bonded together since.

When I left Beyoncé's crib to go to work, I always came to his place unless I had other plans made. He was nice enough to let me sell dope out of his place and because of that, I'll always break him off a couple of hundreds.

"You ever think about that Area 51 shit?" I questioned. When I was high, I thought about everything and this time around, my mind was stuck on these alien conspiracies.

Cole laughed at me, "Man, hell no, but I wouldn't doubt if it's real or not. The government keeps a lot of shit a secret."

"True. You think there's other people alive on the other planets?"

"Yeah, you high as fuck." He mumbled under his breath.

Getting bored of the silence, I pulled out my phone and began scrolling through my social media apps. I was laughing at a few tweets when a loud knock on the door quickly made me and Cole jump up and put the weed away.

I stashed everything back in my bag while Cole sprayed air freshener to get rid of the smell like that would help any.

My mind drifted to my kids and how I couldn't go back to fucking jail. There was another knock at the door and I nearly shitted on myself because of how afraid I was. Those knocks were so familiar to me, and gave me memories of when the cops last caught me.

"Get the door fool." I said to Cole who was just standing there looking at me scared as hell. His parents had no idea he smoked or none of that so of course he was freaking out. I was more chill than anything, but I was still afraid. My kids were all I could think about.

While I hid my bag, Cole handled the front door. I kept quiet as he peeped through the window before slowly opening the door.

"Move." I heard a familiar voice say, and I was now even more afraid than I was when I thought it was the police.

Walking back into the living room, I bumped into Beyoncé. A million thoughts were running through my head, like how the fuck she knew I was here? If she had a tracker on my phone or my car then she was definitely crazy as fuck.

"Wh–"

"What the fuck is this?" She questioned, looking right into my eyes. I could tell by the way that she was looking that she wasn't playing no games with me. I was caught and I couldn't do anything but tell her the truth.

"Is this one of your crazy ass baby mamas?" Cole asked me with a frown.

Before I could even get a word in to correct him, Beyoncé had beat me to it. She turned around and glared dead at him. "And I'll fuck you up too. Don't say shit else! I came here for Jay, not you."

"Beyoncé, let's talk about this before you actually start go–"

"Jay, fuck you!" She said, hitting me in the chest, "How long did you think you was going to keep lying to me? You've had so many opportunities to just come out and tell me about you losing your job, but instead you lie and you lie for months!"

"I know baby," I sighed, "Just let me explain please.."

"Bitch what is there to fuckin' explain?" She yelled. I could see the tears forming in her eyes and I knew I fucked up, "I've waited weeks for you to come clean about not having a job, and you continue to lie! How long since they fired you?"