3. The reason I left

A pretty Lady greets, "I know you would come home sooner or later

A pretty Lady greets, "I know you would come home sooner or later."

Hanks is silent. He is only staring her, wondering if time has stopped for her. She still looks as beautiful as the day he left home.

Hook offers his hand so the Lady offers her hand. He kisses the back of her hand and introduces, "Just call me Hook like everyone else, Miss."

Hanks corrects him immediately, "Mrs. This is my stepmom."

Hook withdraws his hand instantly as if he has got burned. He stares to Hanks and then to the Lady. She is probably few years older than him. She might have been his sister. Not his mom.

Hanks looks another way.

The Lady says, "His health has been declining rapidly. The doctor has just given him laudanum. He is asleep at this moment."

She walks back to the manor without waiting for him. Hanks stares to her back.

Hook says, "I smell something fishy here. Is she the reason you left?"

No answer from him.

Many years ago...

"We shouldn't be doing this..." protests Hanks weakly.

"I'm a lonely woman. You are the one I wanted. There is nothing wrong."

They kissed again and again. As usual, they met here in abandoned shack for midnight romance.

His father has just married her few months back. A pretty Lady. His stepmom.

Making love to his stepmom. Fulfilling his lust as a young man never been easier. He didn't even need to leave home to find her.

She's the one who knocked on his bedroom first. Seeing how much he wanted her from the lust in his eyes.

"What have you done?" yells a middle aged man angrily. He walked into the shack with a limp foot.

Hanks has just finished pumping her up. They barely wear back their clothes.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry... He tempted me..." says her weakly.

His stepmom weeps bitterly as if Hanks has raped her.

A strong punch from his father.

"You are no longer my son! Leave me house at once!"

He went to console his young and pretty wife.

Hanks wore back his clothes. He left the house in the middle of the night. He brought nothing with him. No clothes. No money. Not even his good name.

A good friend helped him to join military. He fought bravely and foolishly hoping stray bullets would kill him.

In the war, he found true friendship. And a hero to look up. Nessie's father made him found hope again. For once he found his self worth again.