1: little irwin

little irwin. ugh. why do i have to have a reputation for being ashton irwin's younger sister. he's literally only like 2 years older than me, so i'm not little. i've known the band he's in since they first started. 5 seconds of summer.

i remember that december day. i walked in on ashton straightening his "fringe."

"what the heck are you doing?"

"uh-the band i joined? we're making our first video today."

"okay..and?"

"i wanna look good.."

"HAHA."

that's when the teenage dirtbag video was born. i've known luke since we were in year 10. we said hi to each other every now and then, but then we started talking more when ashton joined the band. and then i went to one of their rehearsals, and met michael and calum.

they all had fringes, which makes those old band photos they took back then make them so much funnier. i've heard then practice in our garage, i've heard all the arguments, sexual jokes, watched all the webcams. yeah.

that was before they were really known. now they have to look hot. i'm not saying they are, i'm just informing you.

if you saw 5sos back then, the first thing that would pop into your head when you heard that word is hair. luke's hair is just long and quiffed, calum's is wild and weird, michael's hair is constantly changing colors, which i think is great by the way, and ashton's is just long and shaggy. but puberty hit them way harder than that school bus that hit regina george.

-

"syd, come downstairs!"

"why?!"

"we need your help!"

i quickly went downstairs to find them all sitting on the couch, luke on his phone, michael and calum playing fifa, and since my lame brother doesn't like fifa he just sat there watching.

"what do you need help with?"

"can you get us some sodas from the fridge?"

"oh my--fuck you!"

"hey! language!"

me and ashton live with the guys, i tour with them all the time. oh yeah, my name? syd. sydney irwin. oh the irony.

i went to the fridge and grabbed myself a can of soda and walked back to the couch and sat in between luke and ashton.

"luke scoot over," ashton said.

"why? she has plenty of space."

"yeah, but you're this close to being exactly 5 inches away from her."

"oh my god."

he scooted over and it left a big gap in between us.

"that's better."

"oh my god."

"what?"

"you're such a-"

"don't swear!"

"ugh."

he took the can of soda out of my hand and i got up and went to the kitchen. i made myself a vegemite sandwich, cut it in half and put the two halves on a napkin.

i walked back over to the couch and handed calum one of the pieces.

"here, cal."

"thanks syd!"