Soilder!Dean x Fianceé!Reader

I'm not myself.

I know that. I've known that ever since he left. But he had to go. He wanted to go. He needed to go. However, when he left, half of me left with him.

I'm sure every other woman or man in this position feels like this so I'm not the only one which makes me feel somewhat better I suppose.

At the start I thought I could do this. Be strong for him and myself. Be the positive energy that we all need. But then the months went by. Then years. Two to be exact. Two Christmas's, two New Years, two birthdays and Valentines without him.

That's what you get when you're the fiancée of a US Army Solider I guess.

Now look, I don't wanna sound selfish because I'm not. I'm so proud of him. My handsome, brave, amazing fiancée Dean Winchester. Just saying his name makes me smile. Together since high school and now we're engaged! Sometimes I have to pinch myself to believe it's real.

It was a year after graduation that Dean told me he was going into the Army. Sure, I filled with dread at all the news but I knew from looking into those beautiful green eyes that he needed to go. To serve and protect this country. To feel like he was doing something worth while.

Instead of crying, I took his hands, looked up at him and smiled softly. Told him to go but I made him promise to come back to me no matter what because he was my missing piece of the puzzle. The other half of my heart.

Dean made that promise just before getting down on one knee and pulling out the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. Then I cried. Happily though. It was the best moment of my life.

Right now, I'm sat in Baby just staring at the wheel. I felt numb. Lonely. Well, that was until a knock at the window made me jump. I gasped, turning to see who it was.

"Oh, Sam. You scared me." I chuckled half-arsedly.

Sam frowned. "Y/N, you've been sat there staring for a good 10 minutes. You okay?"

Shit. Have I? "Yeah. I'm good." I lied, getting out the car and then getting the grocery bags. I walked past Sam and headed into the house. I don't wanna talk. Please don't make me talk abo-

"You're thinking about Dean, huh?"

Fuck. My eyes stung with the threat of tears. "No, just got a little headache."

"Y/N..."

"I'm fine, Sam."

Sam sighed but let it go. He'd noticed a change in me for sure over the past few months. I'm more quite, reserved. Sad. My eyes glanced at whiskey bottle on the kitchen counter. It was empty. I had only brought it yesterday. No wonder I've got a headache. Probably should've thrown it out before Sam noticed.

"You staying for dinner tonight?" I pushed my emotions down and smiled at Sam.

"Uh, no. Jess is working late so I'm gonna make dinner for her." Sam answered as he picked up his jacket, putting it on.

'Dean used to do that'.

"That's sweet of you. Hope you guys enjoy." I said as I put the groceries on the kitchen counter. My ring caught my eye. Don't cry. Don't you dare cry.

"Y/N...are you gonna be okay?" Sam spoke softly, like talking to a timid kitten.

I turned to Sam, forcing my lips to smile. "Of course! Don't be silly. Go make dinner."

Sam chewed his lip, looking for a sign that I was gonna break. "...Okay. You'll call if you need anything?"

"I will." I went up to him and hugged him. "Now go. Don't worry about me."