Dean (Song Imagine)

Based on Ed Sheeren's 'Happier', in Dean's POV. Might be painful. Emotionally. I'm sorry...

Walking down 29th and Park
I saw you in another's arms
Only a month we've been apart
You look happier.

Walking down the street to get me and Sammy dinner, I saw her. There she was. As beautiful as ever. A smile tugged at my lips but soon fell when I saw Balthazar's arms wrapped around her and kiss her cheek from behind.

My heart shattered. She really moved on that quickly? It had only been a month. Just seeing her giggle and lean back into his embrace made me feel sick.

Saw you walk inside a bar
He said something to make you laugh
I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours
Yeah, you look happier, you do

Balthazar guided her into a bar, whispering something into her ear which made her laugh. They both smiled at each other. Smiles that were seemingly bigger than what ours used to be. 'She looks happier, she really does.' I thought sadly to myself.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But ain't nobody love you like I do
Promise that I will not take it personal, baby
If you're moving on with someone new

I knew I was stupid for letting her go. I didn't let her go, I hurt her so badly that she ran away. Nobody had ever hurt her the way I did. Nobody was as stupid as me to do so.

However, I do know that I love her. No woman has ever made me feel the way I do apart from her. No man can love her the way I do. It might be my ego and jealousy talking but I know it's true.

But, just seeing her with him tells me that she's moved on. I promise myself that I won't care and won't take it personally. She's doing the right thing and moving on.

'Cause baby you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'll feel it too
And until then I'll smile to hide the truth
But I know I was happier with you

I turned and ran back to the motel, unable to see them like this anymore. Unable to see her happier. I got back and confided in Sam for once. Him and Cas both told me that I'd be back to normal and move on soon.

I just shrugged them off, trying to convince them with a smile that I was fine. Inside I was dying, screaming that I was happier with her.

Sat on the corner of the room
Everything's reminding me of you
Nursing an empty bottle and telling myself you're happier
Aren't you?

A few days later, Sam had gone off on a small hunt. I just sat in the corner of her old room. Every item, piece of furniture, hell even the lightbulb was reminding me of what I once had.

There was a empty bottle of whiskey clutched in my hand, tears streaming down my face. Images of her and him flashed through my mind. "You're happier aren't you?" I questioned to the silent room.

With the whiskey giving me what seemed like courage, or most likely stupidity, I pulled out my phone, pressing on her contact and sending her this message;

'Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But ain't nobody need you like I do
I know that there's others that deserve you
But my darling, I am still in love with you'.

But I guess you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'd feel it too
I could try to smile to hide the truth
I know I was happier with you

When she didn't text back, I shrugged, guessing she was happy with Balthazar. Sam and Cas's words repeated in my head, telling me I'll be alright.

Before Sam got back, I stumbled up and walked out of the room. I smiled again, wanting to hide my pain. To avoid the truth. I know I was happier with her.

Baby, you look happier, you do
I knew one day you'd fall for someone new
But if breaks your heart like lovers do
Just know that I'll be waiting here for you

Her smile, her giggle and her eyes told me that she's happy. Happier without me. I guess I had it coming. I wasn't the best at relationships and she deserves better than my broken ass.

Still, through all the happiness, I knew that if he broke her heart like I did, I'd always be waiting her with open arms. Any day, week month or year...

"I'll be here Y/N."