Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven: His ex 

Sporting a counterfeit smile, You hoped that the awkwardness that bathed the moment would be transient. You swallowed, breathing heavily then said " Hello!" You greeted with a small smile before a heavy silence settled over all of you, thicker then the uneasy tension in the atmosphere.

While you were confused on why she was here,But more curious about the calm man next to you. Jungkook and Yuju were having an eye contact as if they're both waiting for the other to say something.

The girl before you began " I heard you're already back working! " she pursed her lips,her attempt to keep things light already waning.

You felt painfully out of place but didn't have any excuse to walk away nor you knew the place you should go, So you waited for Jungkook to say something but as if he totally forget you were standing there he took his hand from his pocket and checked the time on his rolex then spoke " You're early" 

Yuju awkwardly laughed "Yeah I wanted to be here when you arrive so we can talk before meeting the others." 

" You knew she was coming?" You asked suddenly , realisation of what you just said caused your words to become caught in your throat. You looked up and he was staring at you in bewilderment. you felt the heat rising to your cheeks and prayed it wasn't noticeable. You didn't know the real reason why you're becoming red, was it embarrassment, discomfort or anger.

Jungkook looked at Yuju when she laughed a little and looked to her right as if she was stating that 'It's obvious that I will be here' , Jungkook was about to speak again but the minute his eyes looked at your side again, the words in his throat. Seeing the disappointment etched on your face, he didn't know what's going on and only watched as You coughed and then pushed your hair back behind your ear, even though it was already there.

" I....I w-will go first." You bite your lips and walked passed the girl not even looking back at least once leaving Jungkook confused over your reaction but he had more important thing to think about now.

" She's a cute one. I am glad Jiwon invited her, I wanted to meet her.....Your wife." Yuju laughed not hiding the smirk in the end before the smile in her face disappear when the man she loves spoke.

" Is this a joke to you?  " He asked in his usual friendly tone, but it's different – She sense him already turning away, and she start to panic.

She walked toward him and held his hand to get his attention, Yuju soften her eyes and held out her hand, "Jungkook, I love you. I love you now and I always will. I'll walk away if you need time to cool down, but if you want to talk instead of walking away, I'm all ears." she said, breathless, a little desperate.

Jungkook yanked his hand away from hers and glared down at the girl " The fact that I agreed meeting you here means I am willing to have a conversation like a mature person, Yuju sshi." started and then paused. " But I am not the person who should explain himself."

Yuju looked down, hurt. " You know why I did it Jungkook, I have no choice.... They're my family too, I had to go and fix things with them or my happiness would have been ruined."

"Why didn't you tell me? " Jungkook questioned " The least thing you could do was giving me a call before you decide to run away and leave me on our wedding day." 

" I couldn't." She looked up at him. " Jungkook I swear I love you b-----" 

" There's no but after the word 'I love you', Kim Yuju." The man sighed then paused " And It's not love because you say it is, I sacrificed for you. I was willing to face all those threats and be with you but  you pushed me into it to save yourself from the thought that your family will be against you, isn't that what happened ?" Jungkook coldly said, his voice empty and emotionless.