Chapter 4.: Classes Start

Start from the beginning

I looked at all the doors, each had the same design for a classroom.

"Should be at the end of this hall."

Shoto and I soon stood in front of a wooden door, scared to open it and enter.

With one step going forward this would be a huge step for me.

You would think like In the movies when someone opens a door, a magical light would illuminate and a great sight would appear. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case at all.

I didn't see a lot of students packed into the classroom, instead, it ranged from 5 to maybe even 9.

"Ah! Welcome! Take a seat!"

The literature arts teacher seemed very bubbly and enthusiastic about her job. The classroom had rectangular tables, so Todoroki and I sat together in the back away from the other kids.

"My name is Mrs. March,"

The teacher introduced herself and told us what textbook and supplies we needed. A laptop, which I already had, and an English textbook that we would be reading in and researching all the different poets and authors.

As I was turning on my laptop so I could make a list of the supplies that's when the whole thing crashed and started smoking.

"Um, Izuku I think your laptop is smoking."

"Crap! What am I going to do now...laptops are so expensive these days and to top it off I have to get that textbook."

I put my head on the table, thinking about how I could solve my issues.

"If you need any help with financials I can-"

"I'm just going to stop you right there Shoto. I don't want to take your money. I'll just have to figure all this out by myself."

When the bell rang I grabbed my laptop and threw it in a bin that was in the hall. I knew it was an old laptop and it has stuck with me forever, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

As I zipped up my backpack once again Shoto tapped my shoulder and gave me a small smile.

"It'll all be okay Izuku. Things will get better, how about I take you out for lunch?"

After the smoking incident with my laptop, Mrs. March made a worried face to me but began talking about herself and how she became a teacher.

Orientation for us newbies before we start actual classes. My only class I was taking, for now, was language arts, sooner or later I would change that and focus on Journalism and work my way up that pathway.

"Yeah, that would be nice."

I smiled at the boy before me and we both walked out of campus and into the cloudy cool weather.

"How about Coffee Bean?"

"I've never been there..."

I looked down embarrassed. I knew the coffee shop was for people who went there to study in the mornings and the pastries were sold at top dollar, along with their sandwiches.

"Well since it's on me get anything you like."

Shoto rearranged his shoulder bag. It looked like he was rummaging for his wallet so he could have it handy for when they asked for the money.

~

Walking into the Coffee shop the little bell indicated that a new customer had arrived. The place smelled sweet and of course, the scent of coffee lingered everywhere.

"You go take a seat and I'll go order us some sandwiches. What would you like?"

"Surprise me." I laughed at him and all he did was smile at me back.

For the past couple of days, I have learned that Shoto is a man of very few words. The boy left to go order us food and drinks. The whole place was like your typical coffee shop.

Soon the bell to the shop jingled and my eyes darted over to the doorway, looking to see who had walked in.

It was a man, older than me. He wore a suit, had blonde somewhat spiked hair, and had a muscular body, but not too muscular. It all seemed to suit him in all the perfect places.

When he looked my way that's when I saw his eyes, ruby red. Almost too dangerous if you looked at them for too long. The man seemed cold and lonely, but who was I to judge?

At the pickup station, rested an Iced Americano. The man picked it up and started walking back to the door.

I never took my eyes off of him. I couldn't he looked expensive like he owned a top-notch company.

I could have sworn he gave a small smirk like he knew I was looking. I mean I was, practically drooling over him nonetheless, but if I blinked I don't think I could have witnessed that deadly smirk.

"Izuku."

I came back to my senses and once again the bell to the coffee shop rang once more. When I looked back the man was gone.

"You okay?"

Shoto handed me a small iced tea that seemed to have a lemon resting in it and a small sourdough bread sandwich.

"Yeah." I smiled at him and took a sip from my tea.

In reality, all I was thinking about was that man that came through the coffee shop.

☆★☆

I finally updated yay! I made this chapter a little longer. I hope it was good and worth the wait. I'm sorry for the slow updates.

Thank you for reading! ❤️
If you made it this far, have a cookie! You earned it 🥳🍪
Don't forget to vote and comment! It would mean a lot 🥰