Angel

Jack doesn’t mind being held captive by Lenny, it’s easy to get away and even if he does have pure silver he’d never use it. Now Cloe, she’s a completely different story. She sued to be a playful girl loaded with pride and tons of compassion, but she’s now hardened with years of controlling a vast region of territory and proving her strength to other Alphas countless times.

  After she became Alpha at the early age of sixteen she was thrust into countless responsibilities that she had no experience with. Cloe had to learn fast or die trying; she learned fast and even tossed in a few tricks no Alpha had ever considered. It was how the Gold Rust territory had grown to such a size in the time she’s been Alpha.

  Jack is thirteen years younger than Cloe and was two when their father died; he was five when his mother was killed by hunters. He’d practically been raised by Cloe and the thought of her even considering harming him was unthinkable. He was confident he could bat his eyes and say he was sorry and she’d let him go.

  He was positive,

  Cloe stepped into the darkened room then with Joshua following close behind. Jack looked up at them and shifted around in the metal chair he was currently tied down too. The room he was in was painted white with flecks of low grade silver mixed in, it kept any wolf inside; the burn from touching the walls was just too much to bare.

  “Hello Jack.” Joshua greeted while Cloe hung back by the door. Jack eyed her with narrowed eyes before turning his attention to Joshua. The red pelt smiled almost evilly, “How are you feeling?”

  “Oh you know, I’ve been better; I have this weird pain in my side that kind of like an annoying buzzing.” Jack shifted around in the uncomfortable chair. “It’s a bit painful too.” He pointed out. Joshua smirked and glanced to Cloe who simply looked away. Joshua’s smirk turned into a wicked grin. A sinking feeling in his stomach and the fact Joshua was there told Jack that he wasn’t just there for a light punishment.

  “I want to tell you a story Jack.” Joshua said as he pulled up an identical metal chair up to Jack’s and sat down.

  “Oh goodie story time.” Jack joked, though playing the sarcastic smart ass was not a good tactic when dealing with a red pelt. Joshua lashed out his claws connecting with skin. Pain exploded from Jack’s chest as blood soaked through his now torn shirt.

  “Shit!” Jack gasped out in pain. “Fuck! What the hell!?” Jack bit back a growl and glared at Joshua.

  “Do you have any idea what your filthy bitten mutts did? They brought hunters who killed seven of my men!” Joshua growled and gripped Jack’s throat. Jack gasped out for breath only to have Joshua tighten his grip. “You’re sister can’t help you here little boy, you’re crimes have nothing to do with Gold Rust.” Joshua growled and was seconds away from shifting forms.

  “W-wait I can explain!” Jack protested, but it was too late Joshua wasn’t listening.

  Jack can’t remember much of what happened after that and was grateful for that too. He remembers Cloe finally pulling Joshua back and he remembers arguing. He remembers maybe a running engine and a car ride. He definitely remembers someone talking to him and then it gets a little fuzzy with more pain.

  Jack jerked awake, sitting up quickly growling and then promptly groaned as pain shot up his spine. He gripped his side and gasped for air as he fell back and blinked back tears. “Shit…” He breathed and stared up at the familiar ceiling. He stared for a while trying to put the pieces back together but was coming up short on how in the world he got home.

  He continued to stare until he noticed something that shouldn’t be there. He noticed breathing and a heartbeat and… something else a pull or something that he couldn’t explain. Jack turned his head slowly and his eyes widened. His mate was sitting in the worn out arm chair watching him cautiously.

  They continued to stare at each other for a good long while. Jack’s pretty sure he’s hallucinating or dead. “Am I dead?” Jack asked aloud. His mate continued to stare at him but shook his head. His mate’s black hair was disheveled and his clothes were rumpled while he looked like he could do with a large cup of coffee or a long night’s sleep.

  “I’m Jack…” Jack was simply his mate narrowed his eyes looking confused from a moment before he shifted around in the chair curling up tighter.

  “Haven,” Jack’s mate said. Jack nodded slowly when he noticed something else after Haven had moved. He smelled like a wolf but there was something off, like he had been skinned and yet he wasn’t a babbling idiot. He could maybe be a bitten wolf that didn’t want to be a wolf, but that sort of thing was just a myth. Any wolf skinned becomes a babbling idiot, no matter if they’ve been bitten or born.

  “Okay.” Jack responded quietly and tensed when Haven stood up suddenly and walked over to him. Haven dropped down to his knees.

  “Move your arms numb nuts.” Haven said in a sharp voice. Jack jumped and pulled his hands away from his stomach which was covered in bloody towels. Haven peeled them off and to reveal basically raised freshly healed skin in the form of claw marks raking their way across his chest.

  “That had to have hurt.” Jack commented. Haven frowned and glanced at him, confusion and annoyance shone in his bright blue eyes. Jack returned his gaze and was a little drawn aback from the odd mix of blue eyes and black hair.

  He was beautiful for a human.

  “What?” Jack asked when Haven continued to stare. He shook his head and looked away from him. Quickly busying himself with first aid Haven said absolutely nothing. Jack didn’t bother him; he was still hurting and was grateful for the care. “You don’t talk much do you?”

  “I have nothing to say.” Haven responded quickly and was suddenly rough. Jack yelped out in pain when Haven whipped a damp wash cloth over a particularly deep gash in his upper arm.

  “Easy.” Jack whined.

  “Baby,” Haven huffed out and frowned angrily.

  “Oh yeah, well I’d like to see you go up against a red pelt and not whine at the pain.” Haven looked at him again looking slightly confused for a moment. It dawned on Jack that Haven was human and wouldn’t know about werewolves. “Err, man…I must be more out of it then I thought.” Jack tried correcting himself. Haven looked away from him though not before Jack caught him rolling his eyes. “So, where’d you come from?” Jack asked.

  “…I could ask you the same thing.” Haven commented as he finished doctoring Jack’s healing wounds. Jack tilted his head curiously. “But I’m not going to.”

  “Why not?” Jack asked keeping his voice low. Haven looked at him and opened his mouth to respond but Jack kissed him instead.

~~~~

Jack you naughty boy. Learn to keep it in your pants. Don't forget to comment and vote.