Safe

I'm back~

~~~~

  It was a great day, or rather would have been great. Mara had the whole thing planned out; they’d hang out at the mall, go see a movie and play some games at the arcade. After that they’d grab something to eat at the food court and just hang out. It was a perfect plan but things just kept going wrong.

  They began with the movie Mara and Karen followed the two at a safe distance and were sitting a few rows behind them. They went to see a horror movie with the plan that Haven and Hunter would get cuddly like all couples do in a movie theatre with a horror movie playing. However that’s not what happened.

  During the first jump scare a cup of soda went flying at the screen splashing everyone in front of Hunter with soda as the top popped off midflight. Karen burst into laughter but everyone else was not pleased and they were tossed out. Mara was so angry but let it pass there was still the whole day ahead of them to rekindle some kind of romance. It wasn’t any better at the arcade, Hunter and Haven tried to play a few games when they passed a shooting game and Haven nearly had a freak out. They were tossed out of there as well.

  “Oh my god, can this day get any worse?” Mara mumbled as they followed Hunter and Haven to the food court. Karen rolled her eyes and took a sip of her tea or whatever weird drink she ordered.

  “I don’t see how this helps their relationship at all.” Karen pointed out watching as Hunter and Haven walked in complete silence. They’d said very little to each other the entire day, this irked Mara but it was nothing new. They hardly said anything when they were alone together, it was expected, but it still annoyed Mara.

  “It wasn’t supposed to go like this.” Mara argued gesturing in mild annoyance and nothing in particular. “It was supposed to be a romantic but relaxed date. How was I supposed to know these two would be jittery?”

  “We’ve been on the run from hunters for a year; of course they’d be on edge.” Karen said with another roll of her eyes. Mara frowned and crossed her arms.

  “This isn’t fair.” She complained as they got to the food court where basically the whole day was summed up into a horrible event. Hunter and Haven actually started talking, Mara isn’t sure what they were talking about they were too far away not to mention there were too many people around to hear anything she was trying to focus on.

  But this wasn’t the bad thing, the bad thing happened when a tall mousy brown haired woman bumped into Haven spilling her tray on him. Mara half expected someone to freak out, but that’s not what happened. The girl instantly started spewing apologizes and trying to use the few napkins to get the soy sauce out of Haven’s jacket. Hunter looked annoyed while Haven laughed and said something to the girl and Hunter before walking off towards the bathroom. Mara shifted and touched Karen’s shoulder.

  “I’ll follow, stay with Hunter and make sure he doesn’t rip anyone apart.” Mara said and followed Haven to the bathrooms. The bathrooms weren’t that far away, Haven slipped into the men’s room and Mara made sure to stay out of sight.

  Haven walked up to the sink and pulled off his jacket and started the water, grabbed a few paper towels and wet them lightly. He dabbed the soy stain with the damp paper towels. It didn’t take long to get the stain out,

  Sort of…

  Haven sighed and slipped his jacket back on before headed back out. This day was turning out to be alright, even if it was Mara’s plan and design. It was okay; Haven chuckled at the thought of Hunter’s reaction at the monster in the movie. He didn’t want to think about the incident in the arcade though.