Confusion

Karen left Haven in the bedroom to steal some of Jack’s clothes and get dressed. The group looked at her as she shut the bedroom door behind her. She gave a quick smile and crossed her arms proudly. “I can’t lie.” Mara and Hunter both frowned at that.

  “That thing in there isn’t Haven.” Hunter said with a light growl. “And we’re wasting time here, that hunter has him doing who knows what. We need to go and-” He cut short when Haven stepped out of the room quietly. Karen glanced over to Haven before looking back to Hunter.

  “You were saying?” She asked enjoying Hunter’s stunned expression.

  “Haven,” Hunter took a step towards him. “You’re a red pelt?”

  “Derek.” Haven responded, anger dripping in his tone, making Hunter stop in his tracks.

  “Haven that woman she was a hunter and-” Haven cut him off.

  “I know, Karen told me.” He shook his head. “I’m not mad about that. You called me feral.”

  “You’re eyes weren’t yours Haven anybody would make the mistake.” Hunter insisted.

  “Jack and Karen didn’t.” Haven said.

  “Don’t drag me into this.” Jack said quickly, putting his hands up in surrender. “I wasn’t sure it was you…I-I mean you made a pretty good argument when you found your phone.” It was clear he was hiding something.

  “Haven, you didn’t smell like you or look like you. I don’t know how Karen knew but I couldn’t.”

  “Haven has my heart; I would never mistake him for anyone else.” Karen said, refraining from letting anyone know just how true that sentence was.

  “Look Haven, if I could take back these past few days I would. I would have never let Mara talk me into taking you out.” Haven frowned and looked over to Mara who was looking down guilty.

  “Wait, it was Mara’s idea to go on that stupid date? I thought you’d gone mad or something.”

  “She said you’d start to lose interest in me, if I didn’t do something romantic.” Hunter said.

  “That explains so much.” Haven said the anger in his voice turning humorous.

  “You forgive me?” Hunter asked cautiously. Haven smiled lightly and nodded. Hunter sighed in grateful relief and pulled Haven into a tight hug. Karen smiled lightly but frowned when she noticed the way Jack looked away from Hunter and Haven like the sight burned.

  “Why were your eyes yellow and not blue?” Karen spoke up once embarrassed silence had descended over them. She was glad is seemed they’d cleared things up. Haven looked at her and shrugged. Hunter kept close to Haven, clearly over joyed to have him back and safe again.

  “I don’t know, all this talk about feral wolves is confusing. I thought wolves only have a complete wolf form, eyes and everything, when their human soul is dead. And Fury isn’t much help on the subject either. She thinks maybe because she was in controls.”

  “She?” Hunter, Karen and Jack all asked at the same time.

  “Wait,” Karen added, “Is Fury the name of your wolf?”

  “Yeah,” Haven said, “She showed up a little after I gave myself to the hunter to save Cloe, she took control and got us out of there. We decided to come here since we knew this was the last place you guys would be looking for us.”

  “You’re talking about your wolf as if it can talk.” Jack said sounding amused. Haven looked over to Jack and frowned, faintly confused.

  “She can.” There was silence in the room after that as everyone stared at Haven like he was nuts.

  “What?” Haven asked while Fury laughed in his head, the light humorous emotion bubbled over onto Haven who shoved them away, trying to stay serious.

  “Wolves don’t talk.” Mara said, “Their like silent companions. Kind of like a second conscience with a mind of its own, it’s not like a second personality.”

  “That would be so weird.” Jack agreed.

  “Weirder then selling the bite, sure, keep talking mutt.” The unfamiliar male voice came from Hunter who hadn’t opened his mouth. He was however looking at Jack with an annoyed look.

  “Fury talks to me. She-”

  Karen cut him off. “Are you sure it’s your wolf? Because Haven, you can’t attract a female wolf you’re male. You’d only attract male wolf spirits.”

  “That fairy talks like she knows everything there is to know about us wolves.” Fury said, “I don’t trust her.

  “Oh now you talk?” Haven said aloud without meaning too. Karen frowned at him looking lost.

  “I’m just telling you what I’ve heard.”

  “She’s not wrong.” Lexi said. “There’s no way you’re wolf will be or is female. I’ve done tons of research, talked to countless Wolf healers and heard all the folk lore, there’s no way a bitten human or born werewolf would ever have the opposite sex for a wolf counterpart.”

  “Maybe he’s possessed by a demon, I can check with some holy water, or a cross.” Mara spoke up.

  “Fury isn’t a demon.” Haven growled. A literal growl escaped his lips, surprising him into a coughing fit. Haven remembered the first time Mara growled in human form, her reaction was similar.

  “He smells like a wolf,” Hunter said, sounding uncertain, “Just like after he was bitten, and during the full moons.”

  “It seems like for every answer we get two more questions.” Karen said and crossed her arms. Everyone nodded quietly. Karen looked Haven over. “Let’s head back home and think things over and maybe figure out this talking wolf situation.”

  Haven nodded slowly, home sounded good. “Yeah, let’s go home. It’s been a long day.”

  “After you get some sleep you can tell us more about that hunter. Cloe wants her head.” Mara said. Haven nodded again.

  “Will do, and…is Cloe okay?” He asked uncertain, he didn’t want to hear a bad answer.

  “She’s fine as far as any of us could tell.” Karen said.

  “Oh by the way,” Jack said and tossed Haven his phone, who completely expected to miss it but he caught it with lightning fast reflexes. “I put my number in there; call me if you need anything.”

  “I don’t want to be a burden; you seem to have your hands full as it is.” Haven argued.

  “You saved my life and from what you said earlier, Cloe’s too. I owe a few favors at least.” Haven smiled lightly and looked down at his phone.

  “Thank you.”

  “He better back off.” The voice emanating from Hunter said in a warning tone. Haven looked at him and frowned.

  “Leave him alone he’s gone through a lot.” Hunter looked at Haven and frowned.

  “What?”

  “I heard you just now telling him to back off.” Hunter stared at him in confusion and shook his head.

  “I didn’t say anything.” Hunter insisted.

  “Wait, can he hear me?” The voice said talking at the same time Hunter did Haven frowned at that.

  “…Haven,” Fury spoke, “I think…you can hear Night’s voice.

~~~~

Dun dun Duuuun!

So yeah things are about to get a bit confusing and stuffs before things get clear. Haven’s coming into his full potential as the sacrifice and what not. Also… *whispers quietly* Jack’s hiding something… Shhhh don’t tell.

Any way feel free to leave a comment and click that vote button you know you want to. <3