Crisis

BAM! The first chapter to The Woodsman is up and finished. Also dedications goes to a fan who is pretty damn awesome <3

~~~~

  The music vibrated through the club and occupants danced the night away in pure drunken ecstasy. A man in his early twenties sat at the bar watching the dancers with an animal like gaze. He’d been sitting there for little over an hour without word or comment from or to anyone else besides the bartender. He was having a nice time just watching others. Learning secrets about them with just the way they held themselves and it was entertaining.

  At the moment he was watching a couple of girls one with platinum blond hair and the other with golden blond, maybe they were sisters, they didn’t look very intimate as they danced together. It was clear with the way they were completely at ease they weren’t mere mortals.

  No,

  The platinum blond held herself like a predator standing among prey. She knew she had nothing to worry about.

  Jack pegged her as a wolf right away. He wasn’t sure if she’d dyed her hair like that to mask a darker pelt but she was, without a doubt, a wolf.

  Now the darker blond held herself with superiority, it didn’t matter that she looked frail and almost like a porcelain doll, she wasn’t someone to be messed with either. Jack wasn’t sure what she was,

  But she wasn’t a wolf.

  There was just something about her that wasn’t saying wolf. Nothing about her said Predator but she was in no way prey either. This girl was a puzzle wrapped in an enigma and that excited Jack.

  He was just beginning to wonder what a pair like that was doing in a hole in the wall sort of club like this, but then again getting too curious never led to anything good. So he stayed seated and just watched the interesting pair from a far. He’d never been a very social person to begin with. If it wasn’t his place to meddle then it’d be the last place you’d find Jack Woods.

  “Are you the one they call Crisis?” A woman asked with a hint of curiosity as she spoke over the music. Jack looked over to the hot dark brunette who wore a skin tight dark blue dress that hugged her curves in all the right places. A sly smirk slipped across Jack’s lips as he took the shot he had in his hands and downed it.

  “That depends on whose asking.” He told her.

  “My name is Lexi Lane.” She extended her hand to which Jack took and shook briefly. “I’m looking for the Midnight pelt known as Crisis. I’m told he can be found frequenting here.” Jack looked over to the two girls he’d been watching and to his disappointment, they’d gone. With a sigh he turned his full attention to the woman whom had distracted him.

  “What do you want, love?” He asked to which she stared at him for a moment before asking with notes of hesitation, “Are you Crisis?”

  “The name is Jack Woods, at your service.” He gave a quick gentlemanly bow.

  “Really, you’re Crisis?” Lexi asked suddenly full of excitement and joy.

  “Yes, well my wolf is Crisis, but we’re basically one in the same.” Jack explained with a nonchalant shrug. Lexi clapped her hands together and smiled happily.

  “Oh yay, I’ve been looking everywhere for you!”

  “Really, well color me surprised.” He said though plenty of people were out looking for him. Be it bounty hunters, hunter hunters, loan sharks, vengeful old girl friends and complete strangers looking to hire him for odd jobs only a Werewolf for hire could pull off. “What do you need Cupcake?” Jack asked trying to convey curiosity but was pretty sure he was failing. However this Lexi girl didn’t seem to notice or mind.

  “I want the Bite.” She told him with a quick nod. Jack looked at her more seriously, really looked at her this time. She couldn’t be more than seventeen years old, which begged the question how she got into the club. Her bright and vibrant blue eyes told a story of tragedy, her innocence had long ago been ripped from her.

  “Are you sure you know what you asking, Cupcake?” Jack asked with genuine curiosity this time around.

  “Yes, I know what I want and it’s the Bite.” Lexi nodded with a look of determination plastered across her face. Jack shifted in his seat and nodded.

  “Okay Love, if that’s what you really want. I’ll give you the Bite.”

~~~~

Trivia!

1) What is Haven’s real name? Full if you can remember his last name as well.

2) Why was Mara chasing Hunter down like a Dog?

3) Who was Haven’s best friend and what happened to him/her?

~~~~

Meet and enjoy Jack Woods (The lovely wolf to the side) and Lexi Lane. Comment your opinion on Jack and Lexi and don't forget to Vote. <3