Civilized

As it turns out Mara likes to socialize and is never home to begin with, however being that she’s a health nut and cooking from scratch is her ‘center’,

  Whatever that means;

  The group has been eating less take out and more home cooked foods. Karen is sort of a neat freak which happens to be the exact opposite of Hunter who was basically raised in the wild. He knows nothing of basic table manners which drives Mara right up the wall.

  Hunter’s also terrible with small talk, grocery store etiquette, and basically being a normal human being. Haven thought it was amusing and liked the way Hunter was so honest all the time but the girls did not. Haven didn’t mind Hunter’s oddness though that was before they realized Hunter didn’t know how to use a credit card or even understand how to dress properly without looking weird, like wearing no shirt or taking it off in public.

  It was five full days after Mara moved in that they noticed or rather acknowledged Hunter’s inability to blend into society. Mara proposed an intervention and they set to work trying to teach Hunter all the things he needed to know.

  “This is stupid.” Hunter huffed out as Mara snipped away at his hair with the metal scissors. Karen was looking bored and munching on her sixth slice of pizza while Haven was sitting next to her with the sight hint of arousal in his scent. Hunter kept glancing over to him curiously completely lost to why this situation would be in any way sexy.

  “It’s like we have Tarzan living with us.” Karen said as she leaned back and stretched. Hunter glanced over to her and frowned.

  “Who’s Tarzan?” Karen looked at him and tilted her head thoughtfully.

  “How old are you?” She asked completely ignoring Hunter’s question. It annoyed him a bit but Hunter just shrugged. Haven watched them quietly; he and Hunter have talked about his age before.

  It never goes well,

  Hunter figures he’s maybe twenty four or twenty five. Haven is barely eighteen. “What twenty, twenty one?”

  “I don’t know.” Hunter answered.

  “Well, then what year were you born?” Karen questioned.

  “I don’t know.” Hunter repeated. Karen’s mouth dropped open and Mara stopped snipping.

  “How do you not know what year you were born in?” Karen demanded. “I get that you don’t know your real age because of all the weirdness with living in the woods and all but you have family at one point right?”

  “Well sure, but the last time I saw them… I was seven.” Karen chewed her lip thoughtfully and staring at Hunter with narrowed eyes while Mara continued snipping away at Hunter’s hair more slowly. The topic of Hunter’s age was dropped after that, though Hunter wasn’t off the hook when it came to cleaning up and learning how to dress.

  “No,” Hunter said defiantly as the girls dragged him into a high end cloth store. Haven followed behind smirking in amusement.

  “Come on, don’t you want to look good for Haven?” Hunter glanced back to Haven who smiled that light and easy smile of his. Hunter found it hard that anybody would ever have the balls to try and kill someone like him. But time and time again people crawl out of the wood works looking to kill the sacrifice.

  “I like him better with no cloths.” He said to which Karen almost tripped over her feet and glared at Haven. Mara simply laughed while Hunter was almost tempted to give Haven what he wanted. But again stripping in the mall was frowned upon and Hunter did not like making Karen angry.