"Hey, mom. Is it okay if I go meet up with y/n and the guys? I know they missed us..."

"I don't know, baby. You just got back, I don't think it's safe to let you leave by yourself right now."

"I can take him," Jonathan pitched in. "I really don't mind."

"Please, Mom?" I pouted.

"Alright, but only because Jonathan has agreed to take you."

"Thanks, Mom!" I ran to put my dishes away and kissed her on the cheek.

I grabbed my bag and waited for Jonathan on the porch. He came out and motioned for me to follow him. We got into his car, and he looked over to me.

"God, I'm so happy you're okay. I mean Mom was freaking out the entire time and the whole town, pretty much pitched in to help search for you."

"Yeah," I chuckled. "Y/n told me."

"Do you like them?"

"What?" I felt like the question just kind of came out of no where.

"Well, do you?"

"No," I lied.

"Hmm..."

He just nodded and remained silent. I stared out the window, not really wanting to say anything either. I wasn't sure what exactly there was to say.

"Hey can you let me out right here?"

I pointed out the window to a spot across the street from park. He shot me a look of concern and then smirked.

"Okay." He shrugged. I'm gonna circle around the block a few times."

I nodded and scrambled out of the car. I made my way to the swings, where y/n was already waiting.

"Hey."

"Hey, Byers."

"So, we're back home."

"Yeah," they stood up and grabbed my hand and led me underneath the slide. "Hey, I'm sorry about being all weird and secretive earlier."

"No, it's fine," I stared at them blankly.

"Listen, I uncovered something big the other day. We have to go back there."

"Wait, what? Y/n, we just got back. We were miserable down there, why would you want us to go back?"

"Because we have to. Those monsters? That alternate dimension? It's all so much more connected to our Hawkins than we think. We need the rest of the guys to know too. They're on their way right now."

I nodded. I felt a bit queasy. I couldn't get what happened with y/n out of my mind, let alone focus on anything they were trying to tell me. I glanced down at their lips and back to their eyes. Maybe I should just go for it. I mean it worked the fir-

"Will!" y/n snapped in my face. "Will are you even listening to me?"

"Yeah, sorry... I guess I'm just, um, kind of distracted."

They smiled and giggled at me.

"What?"

"I've missed how cute you get when you're nervous."

"Oh..." I blushed.

"Will, I've missed you..." they smiled.

"I've missed you, too."

I saw them glance at my lips and I glanced down at theirs again. We both leaned in and our lips met once again. Y/n grabbed my hand, interlocking their fingers with mine as they pulled away.

"We should probably go back to the swings and wait for the guys," I spoke.

"Yeah, let's go."

I held their hand and led y/n over to the swings. We each took a seat on one and waited for the guys to arrive. Jonathan had circled around a few times, waving and the two of us each time, making sure we were okay.

"Will..."

I heard a faint voice in the back of my head. I looked around, but there was no one outside besides me and y/n.

"Will, are you there?"

I tried to shake away the voice in my brain.

"Will, do you copy?"

This time it was getting louder. It felt like the voice was getting closer. I looked over and stared in y/n's eyes. I was about to ask them if they'd heard the same thing before they smiled and whispered:

"Will, do you copy?"

*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*

I sat up, gasping for air.

"Will! Come in! Will Byers!"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm up, I'm up!" I rubbed my eyes.

"Good, because I really need to talk to you."

"Ok, just, um, give me a minute."

"Sure."

I sighed and laid back down.

"Damn it," I whispered. "It was just a dream."