Chapter 6- Give it back

"Mom" I hugged her tight as she wrap her arms around me. We pulled back a few seconds later. My mother was one of the teachers here at 'Future Us'. "Honey, why aren't you in class?"

"I was in the restroom"

"Have you seen Nick, I forgot to tell you he would be here for an month or 2"

"Yea... I've met him and his friends."

So... she knew.

"Well you better head to class. Come home for dinner and bring Brick if you want."

Yup I don't live with my mom! I decided that when we moved it would be better if I  give her some space since she would need time to take in everything.

"Okay bye mom" I hug her one more time then head to class.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*

I went into my drama class and sat down. I didn't have this class with Brick or Victoria so I was here... alone by myself ...with an empty chair next to me.

Just when Mrs. Booker was half way through the lesson Nick walk in. He send Mrs. Booker his cheeky grin which makes every teenage girls weak.

"Mara... I get that yall are looking for talent ir whatever but I don't appreciate you interrupting class!"

"Sorry Mrs. Booker I got caught up with the fans outside."

"Take a seat and please let this be the last time this happen"

He send her one more smile and bro guy Austin then slip in the seat where my bag was. My body stiffen as I focus on the book in front of me.

"Give it back or delete it !" He said dangerously low in my ear. He finally found out. About time. Thought I had to wait 10,000 hours. I ignore him and wrote the notes that was on the board.

"Don't act like you don't know what you did" I continue to ignore him.

"I don't know what you are talking bout" I respond to him.

He laugh as he tilted my head to look at him. My brown eyes melted into his carmel ones. It was that dreamy shade that would make you feel like you were on cloud nine.

"You listen to me eddy, you better return those pictures before I do something you wouldn't like." The nickname stung like a bee.

Why did he had to be a jerk?

He was legit everything you would want in a guy in the past.

What change?

"Like I said I don't know what you are talking about, Mara!" I said as I turn from him. "So you are telling me you don't have people hacking  into my phone!" He showed me a pic of me early with Darion a few minutes before the bell in a red hoodie. 

"Maybe I do!"

"I hope you know you are just adding more reasons for me to do what I'm about to do soon!"

"This ain't a reason. Plus not everything is about you okay you need to understand that. For sure I don't have people hacking your phone, I ain't that kind of person. But  this for sure don't add to the list I don't know why you hate me for."

"Miss Lee and mister Mara please keep the chatting  outside the classroom!" Mrs. Booker interrupted us.

I roll my eyes and continue with my assignment. Even tho Mrs. Booker was one of the kindest teacher, she was strict even tho her head was buried in a book 24/7.

"You know you haven't change one bit!" Nick pointed out.

"Really ?" I ask not interested.

"Yea I see you moved on pretty quick. What an healthy relationship you got with Brick! Is this thing between the two of you even a relationship? Cause to me this ain't healthy. Does lover boy know that you tried to commit suicide? Ohhh he probably don't even know a thing about you. Right Allison."