Ch.11. 'Stretch'ed Out

Começar do início

Taking his hand from your face, you squeezed softly in reassurance. "Then, I am excited to see what you've thought of."

*.*.*.*

"paps, can you stay?" You whispered, interlocking your fingers together and kept your gaze low. Unsure how to bring up the topic of monster bonding. You weren't sure if he knew about it, or if he did it without your permission.

The flood that built over the week was becoming unbearable and you weren't sure if you could shove your feelings and words down any longer.

Shakily exhaling, you sat on the chair near the balcony in your room, twirling your thumbs together as Stretch—Papyrus sat in front of your legs, looping his arms around your calves and propped his chin on your knee.

You smiled softly and caressed his skull.

"I want to go home." You said with a sigh, fingertips slowly trailing down to his cheekbones and poked softly. "I miss everyone. I miss seeing Alphys and Sans in the kitchen, I miss talking to Undyne about the latest episode of an anime." You pulled your hand away from his skull. "I miss Asgore's pep-Ha! Pap-talks, Toriel's awkwardness and Naptaton's phone calls." You scowled lightly, glaring at a poor piece of furniture as if it were the base of your problems.

Before Papyrus could talk, you cut him off by standing up. Slowly unhooking his arms around your legs and stepped over his crossed legs and paced around the room.

"Hell, I even miss Asriel and his parents. Chara would often drag him along our trips. No matter how annoying he was, he always smiled or kept up the optimistic attitude that-" running your hands through your hair, you huffed and sighed loudly. "-that I am envious over."

You turned to look at Papyrus, a humourless laugh coming from you as you fought back the tears. The dam that overfilled was becoming too unbearable—you couldn't run away because this wasn't your universe.

"And then this-" you waved at the air, a frustrated growl coming from you. "This happens. We get dragged out of our universe, away from home, away from friends and family." As you paced around the room, hands racking through your hair and teeth nipping at the skin of your lip, you failed to notice that Papyrus had gotten off the floor and stood two feet from you.

"No one here knows about us, our memories, the laughter we shared and stupid antics we pulled!" You whipped your head to the side, glaring up at Papyrus and yanked your arm from his hold.

Something so familiar and welcoming suddenly felt so contained and toxic that you couldn't help but back away, arms slowly crossing over your chest as he stared at you with confusion.

"To top it all off..." You shook your head, the air in the area suddenly feeling so small as a forced giggle came from you. Turning around and opened the glass doors to the balcony. Thinking the worst, Papyrus quickly followed.

The skies were painted in oranges, pinks and blues as the sun ducked over the horizon. Saying goodnight to this side of the world and greeting the other with bright warmth that you wanted at this moment. The navy blue in the sky was dotting with stars millions of miles away, painting the canvas as a final touch.

Placing your hand on the rails, you leaned forward and inhaled, lowering your head as your (colour) hair framed your face. Unsure how to proceed now that you vented and nearly cried the feelings that you had suppressed over the few days.

"How...How are you and Sans so calm about the situation?" You asked, barely moving from your spot as Papyrus took a step out and leaned against the door frame. His eye lights trained on the sky before falling down to you. "Did y-you just.. shove it all down or did you..y-you not give a shit?"