Chapter 1

What is the life of a nobody? What even makes a person a 'nobody'? The fact that they aren't as talented or gifted in certain aspects as another may be? Why can't people just accept that everyone is different, no two individuals can be the same. True, they may be similar, but not totally the same.

So what gives people the right to do or say whatever they wish, to a person incapable of defending themselves?

What gives them the right to make another feel inferior? Make them feel like they're worthless and unloved? Nothing. Their behavior is completely unacceptable.

But does anyone care? Not in the least.

They're all too consumed by their own life. Too ignorant of what others around them go through. The classic example of this deplorably common human error is in schools. And trust her when she said, she spoke from experience. The cruelty shown by one human to another was shocking at times. How much one person manipulates and browbeats another; for their own gain, be it material, or merely for entertainment. Even animals are not capable of such displays of heartlessness. That, my friends is how far the human race has fallen.

But that is just how life is, some people get the power and some get to be treated like trash.

"What're you doing?" a voice snapped her out of her reverie. Jumping in shock, she quickly spun around to face the voice. A boy of about her age, probably older stood behind her; about six feet tall, blond with green eyes and a lean, athletic build.

"Uh-I-I-" She stammered like the moron she is, how come this person wasn't ordering her around like everyone else? Why was she being treated like a human being by this boy? Didn't he know who she was?

"I believe he asked a question, whore." Her main tormentor spoke up; Sid Jacobs. When did he get here? Shit. Now she'll have to answer.

"I was completing your trigonometry homework that is due next week, sir." How pathetic is that she had to call a kid barely a year older than her 'Sir'?

Believe her when she said, it's not out of choice, she nearly got beat to death for failing to be respectful to the popular group. All the while she spoke to him, her eyes were downcast. She's not allowed to look them in the eye either, all because of Sid.

"Right, you have to do my astronomy project, it's due next month." Sid ordered.

"Yes, sir." She mumbled.

"Good. Come on Jack." Putting his hand on the boy's shoulder he steered him away.

Letting out a sigh of relief, she turned back to the books before her, time to do someone else's homework. It sucked being someone's punching bag. Well to be fair, he never hit her himself, the one time she did get beat up because of him was when he ordered his black-belt holding girlfriend to beat her up. What a sense of honor. Was she right? Or was she right?

Wait, let her start at the beginning. She was Victoria Wilson. Daughter of Johanna and Grayson Wilson, both of whom were alcoholics. Which meant that she had basically lived alone all through her teenage years and most of her childhood. She may not be the prettiest girl on the planet, but she was not exactly ugly either, more like average. With an average height of 5'5, an okay body, jet black hair, chocolate brown eyes, thin, shapely lips and a button nose. She believed that she was rather normal, but was still treated like the school freak in high school and now received the same treatment in college, hallelujah.

They were loving parents, but never had the time to actually see how miserable their only daughter was. To be honest, she was not sure she wanted them to know what she went through; they already had so much on their plate to deal with, like their alcohol problems and how to get enough money to afford the next bottle. Anyway, she had graduated from high school a year early, which at the time seemed like a blessing, for she wasn't exactly the most popular student back there either. Which also means she was the only eighteen year old to be in the second year of college. Which basically means she got picked on a lot more than anyone else in the entire school, generally the few taunts thrown her way during the day were all bearable. But Sid Jacobs made it his purpose in life to turn her into his personal slave ever since day one, when she accidently bumped into him while entering a class. One would think a guy would let such insignificant events go, but no; he deemed it an insult to his person that someone so low in the social food chain would dare to touch him. So one thing led to another, and now she's been stuck doing first only his and eventually his friends' assignments for about a year and a half now. Which brought us to the present; where she sat in the library, doing someone else's work.