"Will!" I sniffled. "Yeah, it's me. I'm here."

"Oh thank God you're alive. I for sure thought you were dead. I've missed you so much."

"Yeah?" I laughed softly.

"Yeah."

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. I, uh, I went to Bradley's Big Buy earlier and stocked up on food."

"That's good. I'm glad. Gosh, I wish I had food here."

"How are you?"

"Aside from the hunger, I'm okay."

"Okay... are you safe?"

"Yeah. I don't- I don't think the monsters can hurt me. I mean physically, they can. I-I just don't think they're allowed to."

It was silent for a moment.

"Do you know where they took you?" Will whispered.

"Uh, yeah about that..."

I told him about what had happened. Not the whole story, but the main parts. I told him about the monster in the woods, told him about Hawkins Lab, told him about the plan I created to get them to take me.

It fell silent again, and I grew a bit sad about the whole thing. I felt guilt about lying to him and I just hoped that he didn't hate me now.

"Will?"

"Yeah?"

"Please don't be mad at me. I wanted to tell you everything, and I feel really guilty that I put you though all that, but I really wanted to keep you safe."

"Don't worry, I'm not mad. I get it. I think if the roles were reversed, I'd do the same thing. Besides, the only reason you're here in the first place is because you came looking for me."

I bit my tongue, wondering how I was going to word what I wanted to say next.

"I know why the monsters brought me here."

"Why?"

"There's this huge portal, like the one I came here in. And... and I think that the monsters want me to help them close it."

"Help them? You want to help them after all that they've done to us?"

"Will I kn-"

"They're the reason we're stuck here, y/n! They kidnapped us!"

"Will I know! I know it all sounds crazy, but I-I think the only reason we're still here... is because they need us. I mean there has to be a reason why they haven't killed or eaten us yet."

"Okay... I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Jeez, so protective!" I laughed awkwardly. "But... I won't, okay? I promise."

"Good. Now can we please talk about something else?" he chuckled.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Like, um, I don't know... maybe we can talk about what happened at Benny's."

"About... what happened at Benny's. Okay, so what exactly happened?" I asked, obviously playing dumb. "I mean a lot of things happened, I think you're gonna have to be more specific."

"You know when we... kissed."

"Right, that..." I smiled.

I could tell he was getting nervous talking about it, but it was cute.

"Y-yeah... that. So, um, did you... like it? I mean if you didn't, that's fi-"

"Yes, Will, I liked it."

"Really?" His voice squeaked.

"Yes."

"Oh. Good. That's good. I, uh, liked it too."

"Good," I couldn't help but smile. "Hey, Will?"

"Hmm?"

"It's almost 11:00 pm," I whispered into the mic.

"Wow..."

"I miss you."

"I miss you, too."

"Can I visit you?"

"I don't know if that's such a good idea. I know that the monster's can't hurt me, at least not yet, but I have no ideas what they need me for or what they have planned for you."

"I don't like the idea of you being in there all by yourself."

"I know... but, Will, there's something much bigger going on down here. I hope that maybe soon I can leave and go see you, but first, I need to figure out what's going on."

"Okay," Will said in defeat.

My eyes were drooping and I felt sleep closing in.

"I'm getting sleepy," I yawned.

"You should get some rest. I'll talk to you tomorrow?"

"Yes, of course."

"Goodnight, y/n."

"Goodnight, Will."