Chapter 1: Introduction

Chapter 1

I woke up with the sun glaring at my face and a voice of a person I want to punch.

"Wake up, shit head." I just remembered, today was the day I was going to meet my new pack. I believe it was called the Johns pack? I'm not sure but I do know my father repeated it over a lot of times before he left to some business trip like he always does. I was not very thrilled of the fact that I was assigned to a new pack 3 days ago, a pack I have never even met, but I have heard of this pack. They say it's known for it's discipline. I'm guessing the Alpha is overbearing. Wondering why I got kicked out of my pack? Well, my father kicked me out.

"You have to get ready, Ems." Yasmine's voice snapped me out of my thoughts as she walked over to me. "You good?"

I opened my eyes and took in her features. Her nice tan skin and big hazel brown eyes, long dark brown hair falling on her shoulders. I obviously didn't know what to say, was I good? Was I fine? I've been in the same pack for 18 years, my whole life and now I have to go to another, well, Joh... something pack is supposedly an ally Pack for generations but it just feels weird. I know it's temporary since I am heir to the Evergreen pack, having no siblings, but who knows how long I'll have to be in another pack.

"I don't know, does it matter if I am? I'm going to go either ways, whether I'm fine with this or not." I responded as I stood up from my bed, running my hand through my dirty blonde hair and stopping at the middle from all the tangles. "Shit."

I turned my head to see my idiotic best friend smirking. "You know, for a female wolf, you have a hair of a male lion." Not everyone knows about werewolves but my best friend was an exception. She was there when I turned and my werewolf genes began to kick in, basically, she helped my transition. Of course she wasn't that nonchalant about it, in fact, she fainted when I turned to a full wolf. It was pretty hilarious but then later on, she got comfortable with it. My father, the alpha wasn't very pleased of her knowledge of us but it was already too late, she was the only one who was with me throughout the entire change. It was easier for her to be there since I didn't have to break it down for her that I was a wolf but instead slowly took it in and here she was making my life completely miserable, but in a good way, sometimes.

I rolled my eyes, "Tell me why we're friends again?"

"Because I am amazing." She responded with a theatrical voice, causing me to sarcastically barf. I opened my closet, looking for the right clothes to wear and remembered I had to be at the Joh... something's territory at 10:00 am and it was now 9:43. "Should I shower?"

"You're going to be late." I turned my head towards Yasmine again and found her laying on my bed, going through my messages in my phone. "Ooo, Michelle texted you, let's see what she said." I continued to go through my closet and listening to her clearing her throat. "'I really miss you, how come you didn't come to school Friday and Thursday? It sucks when you're not with me.' Easy sleezy skank!"

I giggled at her comment of the message. "Yaz, can't you go on your own phone and comment on your own messages instead of mine? and what happened to Rick?"

"Eeww! Don't even mention his name! He thought he was low on friday, after sending me a 'hey beautiful' text and I caught him kissing..."

"I found it!" I cut her off, not really listening to her rant about boys. "I've been looking for this shirt!" I showed her my blue hot muscle shirt that was comfortable but showed my curves.

"You're not even listening!" I laughed, taking off my shirt and putting on the other.

- - - - - - - - -