Capítulo Cincuenta y Dos

Chapter 52

"Xanthe. Xanthe. XANTHE! Fuck, wake up, please."

"I don't think she'd want to wake up to your voice, dipshit."

"Why don't you try and wake her up then?"

"Shut the hell up. Xanthe, I swear to God if you die, I'll kill you."

I let out a low groan, opening my eyes to the blaring light above me.

Ouch, that hurts.

"She's waking up," Someone whispers.

My eyes squeeze shut again, and I try to overcome the pain that the lights are causing me, then wrench open my eyes as hard as I can.

I come face to face with Jax, who's leaning down. He grins, his dimple showing.

"Good, I don't have to kill you," He says, snorting, and Ameena's face appears next to his. I breathe out a sigh of relief as I realize she's alright.

"H...how are you?" I rasp out, squinting up at Ameena. She rolls her eyes.

"Ask yourself that, you reckless bitch. You could've died you know," She tells me, and I can hear the angry concern in her voice. I smile.

I hold out a hand and Jax takes it, helping me up.

Once I'm situated nicely against the two pillows propped behind my back, my blurred vision clears a little, and I realize I'm in a hospital room.

Damn, I only like this place when it's not me I'm here for.

Well, actually, I don't like this place at all.

"It was me here last time," Xander says, and I turn to him, laughing slightly.

Pain shoots up my stomach and I groan, looking down, which was useless since I was wearing those disgusting blue hospital gowns.

"Don't worry, Xanny, you're fine," Xander says to me, putting a hand on my own, and I look into his gentle eyes.

Noah pushes him out of the way. "The bullet didn't go in too deep, so it was easy to get out, and you only needed about four or five stitches," He tells me, smiling.

My eyes widen. "I had to get stitches?" I ask, my voice dry and hoarse.

"Water," I suddenly whisper, and a hand with a cup of water appears in front of me.

I trail the hand up to see Kade smiling. I breathe out as I realize he's fine, too.

"You aren't hurt are you?" I ask him as I gratefully take the water.

After a huge gulp, I smile at him gratefully for the water, and Kade sits in front of me, gently tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"I'm fine, Xanny," He says quietly, his finger tracing my cheek.

What...is he doing?

I suddenly freeze.

"Don't tell Arsen, please," I quickly rush out, and Noah slaps Kade's hand away from my face. They have a glare off for two seconds before he turns to me, smiling guiltily.

"We can't even if we wanted to, Xanny, we have no idea how to contact him," He mumbles silently, pulling on Kade's collar so he's yanked off my bed.

I let out a slow breath, furrowing my eyebrows.

"What happened to my mom?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"I took care of her," Ameena hisses silently. "Don't worry, it was painful." She smiles. I laugh at that.