Capítulo Cincuenta y Dos

Start from the beginning

"She's not going to bother us anymore, is she?" I ask, and this time, it's Jax who speaks up, snorting.

"You know, I thought the same thing, and then I realized, she's dead," He deadpans. I let out a slight chuckle.

"I lost my sister, my dad and now my mom, too," I sigh, leaning back.

Xander, who'd sunk into the arm-chair next to me, hummed in agreement. Noah, who had his arms folded besides an angry Kade, shared a worrying look with him.

Jax looked at me with an emotionless smile and Ameena looked down, noticing my pain.

And then there was one.

*~*~*~*

I woke up with a jolt, shivering slightly as cold, January air hit me through the wide-opened window.

I don't remember anyone opening that.

I look around the dark hospital room, the emptiness making me feel lonelier than ever.

I forced the guys to go back home and get some rest, and Ameena was given the room next to me to keep me company, but in this room alone, I couldn't help but--

"Xanthe."

I froze.

That voice...I've dreamt of that voice ever since it left. Cold, blank, dark.

My head whipped over to the wide-open window, and a tall silhouette stood there, hands in their pockets.

I'd know who this person was even if I were blind.

"Arsen," I breathe, wanting to get up and punch him, or hug him, or kill him, anything. But the pain in my stomach was intoxicating.

"Don't move," He growled, and I closed my eyes, revelling in that voice.

"You're back," I whisper, afraid if I say anything louder he'll disappear.

"Not for long," He growls, his cold voice reaching my ears like smooth velvet.

I don't want him to leave. He won't leave.

"Come here," I say quietly, and he moves silently across the room, walking towards me like a shadow, stealthily.

Once he's close, I'm able to make out the line of his sharp jaw and his glowing amber eyes.

Those eyes...

"What did you do?" He growls under his breath.

He reaches out and slowly tilts my chin up, his grip hard and lethal. But I liked it. I didn't want him to let go.

Don't let go...

He leans down. "What the fuck did you do?" His voice is a silent hush.

I stretch forward, gently putting a hand to his face, stroking as he leaned into my grasp.

"You left, Arsen," I whisper, feeling a tear trickling down my cheek. "Why did you leave?"

Suddenly, he moves back, back towards the window, back towards the memory, towards the world, somewhere I'd never find him.

He's not real.

I know he's not real.

He's my imagination, I know he's my imagination.

But I need something. Anything.

"I don't love you, Xanthe."

I didn't want him to. I just wanted him to be here.

"Neither do I, Arsen."