She hugged me tight. I felt bad that she felt left out. I know how that feels. I had to deal with that for so many months when Hunter was here. And I know Violet wasn't good at socialising. She was the only person who wanted to stick by me after the whole Hunter drama. Granted, she was new and didn't know anyone and somehow ended up with me. But she still stuck around even after knowing everything. I was really grateful to have her in my life. She was a beautiful and strong girl, yet poor at socialising. That's why she always ended up blaming herself and her insecurities.

"What about we catch up like old times? Over a cup of coffee?" I offered.

She nodded and we agreed to meet after school at the nearby Starbucks.

School ended at 3 and we both piled up into Violet's car. We reached Starbucks and got inside. After getting our orders we selected a table by the window and sat down.

"So tell me about this whole Jasper thing." I asked while sipping my caramel mocha. It's sweetness was too much to handle and I decided to sip it slowly.

"There's nothing much to say. We kissed and now we're ignoring each other." Violet sighed.

"Do you like him?" I asked.

She hesitated before replying, "I guess I do. It's funny isn't it? I couldn't even stand the guy up until a few weeks back. And now the thought of him bring tingles to my stomach."

I laughed a little. "There's nothing wrong in that. You can't help how you feel."

"Ughh enough about me. Tell me about you. What's up with your hot neighbour? Haven't seen him since your hospital trip."

I gulped another sip of my mocha, trying to stall the question.

"Uhh he's fine I guess. Haven't seen him around myself. Must be busy." I lied.

"Aaand what about your tiny little crush on him?" She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

I had told Violet I liked Chris. I didn't go into much details though. She only knows he's my neighbour and older than me. I didn't tell her about the babysitter part. I know she wouldn't judge, but I was still scared of her reaction. And right now, I don't think I was ready to tell her we were dating now.

"I still like him. But I don't think it's too strong now. It will go away." I felt terrible lying to her but I didn't have any other option.

"Awww come on! That man is a walking sex God! I would totally do him if I were you."

"Violet!" Her words mortified me.

"What? It's the truth. Admit it Jas. He's hot."

I blushed and ducked my head. I know he's good to look at. And I felt utterly stupid to feel a bit jealous of the way Violet was talking of him.

Come on! He's your boyfriend now. You're allowed to feel a bit jealous.

"We should get going." I said and stood up.

Violet laughed behind me but still got up. We had gotten to the entrance when I bumped into someone.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" I yelped and looked at the person's shirt. It was clearly a man and his white shirt was ruined by my mocha.

"I'm so sorry-" my words got lost as I looked up and an inaudible gasp escaped my mouth.

The person I was looking at wasn't bad looking at all. In fact he looked handsome in a rugged kind of way. He's beard suited his face and he looked around 20. But what stood him apart from other people were his eyes.

"Oh holy Jesus!! Your eyes!" I heard Violet's voice behind me.

The man, who was looking at me, looked behind me at Violet. His face turned into a scowl.

"You've amazing eyes." I said before Violet could say some shit and get us beaten up by this huge, muscular guy.

And yet, he did have amazing eyes. His right eye was blue and left one was green. Heterochromia. I had read about it a while back.

"Thanks babydoll. No one has ever said that to me before." The man said.

"Is that so? Then all those people are fools. I love your eyes. I have never met a person with heterochromia before. It's beautiful." I said honestly, even though his endearment for me shook me a bit. Babydoll.

It was what Hunter used to call me.

I shook my head and looked at the guy again. He was smiling a bit, but something felt odd about his smile.

"I think me and my friend should head out. It's getting late. It was nice to meet you and uhh.....sorry about your shirt." I said.

"It's fine babydoll. Your compliment for my eyes is enough of an apology." He said.

I smiled at him and turned around him to go out.

As I moved out, however, I heard him mutter something under his breath, which confused me.

"I'll see you soon babydoll."