28~ Goodnight

2 months

Kennedy P.O.V

"Okay, that is all the groceries I brought, you need anything before I leave, ya know, money, more food, your husband", Marshall said. I don't call him Shadow anymore. He just completely became a nobody to me. I shook my head. He started to dress less formal and even went shopping with me in grey joggers and a grey Nike shirt with a white durag, some sock, and Crocs.

"You sure baby, because-"

"Don't", I intervened, "call me baby." He tucked his lip. He nod and I just watched his smile leave his face. It hurt me to see that but I will not end up like Amanda. 

"I'm really sorry for what happened", he apologized for like the tenth time today. I folded my arms and looked at him. He looked down and kicked his foot. "I stopped drugs", he smiled. I smiled back.

"You did", I asked unfolding my arms.

"Yeah, um, after you left, I threw it out and just stick to cigars and weed", he informed. It wasn't all that bad but at least he stopped heroine. 

"What about your morning Burbon", I asked. He chuckled. "I stopped that and started meditating, talking to God more trying to right my wrongs by doing other things ya know, I have a business starting up outside the Mafia." 

I sighed, "I don't want you to quit the Mafia." He raised a brow at me. 

"Then what?" He slapped his hands to his side. He looked like he was doing anything to please me and fix what he broke. I admire his efforts but it was going to take baby steps to fix us. 

"I want to apologize for spitting on you and I want you to know that if we must be together we have to take baby steps." He nods and leans against the kitchen island. 

"Pink", he simply said. I was confused.

"What?" He smiled and chuckled. "When you asked me my favorite color, I lied, it's pink and grey but I dunno, pink isn't manly so I just say grey." I chuckled.

"What else I need to know?" 

He sighed, "I'm afraid to die, I know where I'm going, hell obviously but I'm afraid to die because then I'm leaving you behind if I do." I took a seat on the stool. 

"What else", I asked. He smiled and sat facing me. "Um, I actually broke my leg twice which is why I had to stop basketball and football, my dad actually broke it." I stared shook. "You ever broke a bone?" 

I chuckled, "well, this one time I broke my pinkie toe because I was being chased by my older cousin because he had a booger on his finger, long story short and a couple of corners later and I broke my pinkie toe." Marshall laughed.

"Are you serious, naw that don't count."

"It too does, it hurt." He chuckled and leaned forward. "I broke almost every bone in my body Raspberry so yeah no, it doesn't." 

"Wasn't it you that put me in the hospital?" He started whistling. "Oh now, you deaf."

"Eh", he said making me laugh. It died down a bit. "You wanna have some fun?" I looked at him confused. 

"Like?" He chuckled. I was scared.

~

"Shadow, who pool is this", I asked. 

"Oh, so I'm Shadow again?" I rolled my eyes as he stripped. I covered my eyes. "Yes, let's act like I ain't fuck you or gave you a baby." I chuckled as he got in. 

"Marshall, get out of there", I whispered yell. He shook his head. "Marshall."

"Just get naked Ken, gat damn you make life difficult", he spat while whispering. I sighed and follow his command. "You owe me", I whispered.

"Yeah, yeah great come on." I went into the water and was cold. My teeth began to chatter. "I got you." Shadow came closer to me but I moved. He stared at me with dull eyes. "I won't try anything, just let me warm you up." 

I inched closer and let him wrap his arms around me. I took his embrace and got comfortable. I rest my head on his shoulder. "The sky looks great", I said finally breaking the silence.

"Yeah, we don't even matter though", he said drearily. I looked at him shook. "Elaborate." He chuckled, "it's like the universe is constantly expanding, once you or I die people mourn move on, that's why I'm truly afraid to die, I never did anything memorable but control a whole town, people would be happy to see me die." 

He hung his head. I had tucked my lip seeing him upset. I lifted his head and stared into his eyes. "You did something memorable, you gave me a child and evidently if we actually makeup, you gave me love and hope for a better life and I love you so."

He licked his lip and smiled. "Baby steps", he smiled. I pecked his lips. "Baby steps." 

Shadow P.O.V

I went home after dropping Kennedy off. I made sure she was asleep before I left. I have everyone on guard and left Kebe to tend to her. She took a liking to Kennedy and vice versa. I went into my room which was empty. 

I didn't have Kennedy to look forward to or her smiling face or her rants about her favorite show and why they should tell who the actual killer was. I sighed and sat down tossing my phone and keys down. I laid in my bed and tried to get some sleep. 

I was tossing and turning and started to undress. I couldn't take it anymore. I knew I need Kennedy to sleep. I grabbed my phone and dialed her number. 

"Hello", she answered after the rings. She sounded sleepy.

"If you could just stay on the phone until I fall asleep, please", I begged. She sighed.

"Just come over, I'll have the popcorn ready and pizza." I heard her hang up. I got dressed and raced to her house. She opened the door exhausted and lead me to her room. We ate pizza and popcorn while watching Sextuplets. I eventually got bored and snaked my arms around her waist.

"Can I do this", I asked. She smiled and nod. "Sure." And just like that, I was asleep.

Kennedy P.O.V

I stared at his face for a while. I missed him but i wasn't going to go back to him easily. I was going to make him change. I got comfortable under the covers. He was snoring which made me realized he was in a deep sleep. 

I pecked his lips making him smile. "Goodnight." I closed my eyes and slowly drifted into a blissful sleep.