19~ Truth Revealed

Shadow P.O.V

It has been a week since Kennedy's surgery and the doctor told her no sex for about two months and she needs regular check-ups to make sure she is okay. Obviously, I had my men surrounding the hospital and catch every doctor before the operated on her.  

Something about Kennedy, she was different. I actually had feelings for her. I came out of the bathroom after I got dressed. Kennedy laid on the bed watching Netflix. "I like the new style, less professional", she commented. I smiled.

"Thank you, I thought I'd spice up the look and well", I said spinning. She pointed at my pants. 

"It's poking", she said. I chuckled. 

"Yes, it is poking, the pants are a bit tight", I said. I grabbed my phone and looked at the tv. I sat down for a  bit and read my texts. I felt a foot nudging me and grabbed it.

"Raspberry not today, I have a funeral to plan and I need to fly to London to discuss the takeover." She smiled. She came up to me and massaged my shoulders. 

"You so tense, you need to relax", she whispered in my ear. I sighed tossing my head to the side. She kissed my neck and I let out a low sigh. Her hands went down my chest and to my buckle. I stood up abruptly. 

"I'm goin to work, stay home", he demanded, "that stunt you pull will not be tolerated and I won't hesitate to punish you." I walked out of the room and out of the house. I went into the limo with my other driver since Bruce called in sick.

Kennedy P.O.V

"He's gone", I whispered to Azha. She comes from under the bed. She coughs dusting herself off. I come from under the covers and smiled. I had on grey tights, a white crop top, and furry Uggs slides. 

"Girl, you could have a whole bed under there", she said. I chuckled. "Oh and I didn't know you did heroin", she added. 

"I don't", I answered. 

"Well, someone does, see the bag", she said showing me it. I looked at it and was horrified. I placed it in my backpack and nod. I knew it was Shadow own. "Bruce is waiting on us, I'll deal with this later."

We went downstairs and he was waiting for us. I smiled and hugged him. "Hurry, his meeting won't belong." We went into my jeep Shadow bought. 

"So, here's the plan, we go to my dad and questioned his relations with Shadow, him and my mom." Azha nod.

"Are you ready to learn the truth?" I nod. I needed to know the truth. I lived with lies all my life. "Yeah, he owes it to me." 

After a long drive of silence, we reached my dad's house. "You ready", Bruce asked. I nod. I exited the car and knocked on his door. I was nervous. Azha touched my shoulder. I looked at her and smiled.

"I got you babes", she said. My dad opened the door and smiled. "Sweetie come in, hurry before Shadow sees you." I walked in and smile. The house was as the same as I left it. Old future, the smell of cigarettes and weed. It wasn't perfect but it was home. I sat on the couch.

"You need anything, money, police, help to run away", my dad asked. I shook my head, chuckling. 

"All attempts to escape would be futile and money will never be an issue for her", Bruce said. He stood behind me. My dad looked at Bruce then me.

"Then, what?" I sighed.

"Dad, what are your real relations with Shadow?" He smiled and chuckled low.

"I told you, I owed him money", he started.

"Bullshit", I said loudly, "dad, the truth." He sighed and rubbed his face downwards. My grandma came from the kitchen. "What's the noise sweetie?"

"I want to know what he did to mom", I said with tears. She sat down.

"She is an adult and married, tell her", my grandma demanded. He sighed.

"She was killed, in a shoot out, with me and Shadow because I, I overstepped boundaries and tried to do a terrible thing to him but, he shot her and she died because of that", my dad said. My grandmother shook her head. I looked at Bruce.

"Bruce?"

"It's true miss." I was stun. I married the man that killed my mother. I swallowed a huge lump in my throat. I wanted to cry. 

"Thank you for the information, I must get going", I said about to leave. My dad stopped me. "Baby, please be safe." I nod and left the house. We drove home in silence. Shadow killed my mom. I looked out the window and cried silently. I faced forward and Azha pulled me in. I cried. I married the man that killed my mother.

xxx

I sat on the couch. Shadow's car pulled up and Bruce stood up. Azha followed suit. "Are you going to be okay", she asked. I nod. Shadow walked in laughing. 

"It was funny because I was being nice and she still thought I was yelling", he said walking in. I looked at Shadow with tears. He came and kissed my cheek.

"Hey baby", he greeted. He sat next to me and close but I backed over.

"The fuck", Franco asked. Azha pulled him to the side along with Mark. "This not your fight", she informed them. They sat down. I threw the bag of needles on the table. Shadow looked at it and back at me.

"How did you get that?" I scoffed.

"So, you using?" He nods. "I can't stop baby, I'm trying but I can't." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, you could Shadow, you could do whatever you want, you too stubborn to stop", I spat. He frowned. "I was being injected since nine", he started.

"Yeah, my mom hated me blah blah blah." He was taken aback. "You killed my mom", I murmured. He paused. 

"What?" I sighed loudly annoyed. 

"You killed my mom Marshall", I screamed. He turned and faced me. "Who told you?"

"My dad", I said folding my arms. He looked at Azha. "Who took you?" 

"Bruce", I spat. He started to talk. 

"Bruce but", he said.

"That's not the point, my dad said killed her in a shoot out and you shot her and then you act like you so innocent, you ain't and you made me marry you and you're my mother's murderer, I hate you", I screamed. He paused and stood up laughing.

"You asked your dad, what he did to me", he asked. I shook my head, "does it matter, Shadow?"

"Yes", he yelled. "He killed Amanda and my daughter." I was shocked. "He owed me money and though killing me would stop his debt but it didn't, that day Amanda left he followed her and killed her, I confronted him and went to kill him and he used your mom as a shield." 

"You're lying", I said crying. Franco shook his head.

"Ken, I wouldn't lie to you, he is telling the truth, Shadow knew your mom, his mom, and your mom were pimped out and well, he took care of them." Shadow was upset.

"She stopped my mom from killing me, I treated her as my mom, when you were born, I thought I had a little sister, then my dad took me and I never saw you again, I was still abused but you had yo mom and dad." He shook violently. "When I shot her, I held her in my arms and cried, I called an ambulance paid for the funeral and everything." 

"Shadow, I'm sorry", I said. He shook his head.

"No, I am, I should've never opened up to you", he said. He grabbed his keys. "Shadow, wait", I said.

"Bruce, your fired, come around me and I will have your head mounted on my wall." He walked out and I sat there crying. I made a mistake.