38 All for blood

'Wake up sleepy head!' I heard in the dark before I was doused in the coldest water imaginable to man. I squealed and writhed in my chair trying to find balance again but I was not tied. I ended up falling to the floor startled like a wild animal wiping my eyes and flexing my hands to rid myself of the frosty water.

'WHAT THE FUCK!' I uttered thrashing on the floor and then scrambling on my feet rubbing my eyes clear from moisture. It didn't take me long to focus on the man responsible for my rude awakening. Wyatt sat down on my chair with his arms crossed in front of his chest and a wide smile on his disgusting, slimy face.

'I see ya are awake now, lass.'

I gathered my saliva and spat square at his face. Disgusting vermin. Working for the Colonel. Betraying Gerard...

'Arghh...' he rubbed the mucus of his face unaffected. 'Got that outta ya innards? I don't have time to coddle ya before the man gets here.' He sat calmly on the chair as if I wasn't his prisoner and he wasn't here to interrogate me.

'Did ya tell Hawk where Bennett is? Is that why he dumped ya behind? Poor lass, come sit on my lap.' he patted his thigh with a fake sneery smile on his stupid face. I reeled disgusted by the very thought of him touching me in any way other than hitting me. I didn't have to pretend that at least.

Wyatt burst out laughing at my reaction and before I had time to reel properly he bolted from the chair and pinned me to the closest wall. I tried really hard not to shutter his balls. I groaned and gasped with the sudden force with which he grabbed me and squeezed my throat. He crashed my head on the wall and made it almost impossible not to hiss as I felt the hard material dig into the soft flesh on the back of my head, almost reaching to the bone.

'Feel the pain lass. Let it own ya, let the fear of it seep into ya very bones. I want ya to understand that people here have made sacrifices. Bigger than the ones ya ever made in ya life!' Wyatt snarled in my ear, saliva running down his chin.

'I want ya to understand that no man, not one....measle man like Hawk is going to stand in my way when there is such a prize waiting for me.'

'It does make me wonder how many people you killed. People that have helped you even. You said Gerard saved your life and you choose to repay him like this? By siding with a complete maniac?' I gritted out trying to make him speak more clearly, which resulted in him pushing me harder on the wall.

'I don't care even if it were Christ himself the one who helped me, I would still side with the Devil for such a treasure. You see lass, I never was and never will be a saint nor an honourable person. Why try for the opposite and fail when I can thrive in what I am good at?'

'You mean backstabbing, killing and lying?'

'Exactly.' the bloody bastard didn't even hesitate to answer.

I waited and waited for the rest of his rambling to continue as I tried really hard to focus. But he just looked at me, his eyes shining dangerously.

'I have a confession lass. The only person I regret killing is that beautiful creature, Claire. She was the best piece of meat I had ever tasted.' he smirked.

My eyes flew wide open at his exclamation and all the anger that lay hidden beneath my skin came rushing back, igniting my body with rage.

By the Grace of the Almighty! When did he kill her? Why did he kill her? she had done nothing wrong to anyone! And he dared even call her a piece of meat? She was a person! A good one!

'You...fucking...BASTARD!' I wiggled and thrashed trying to get away from his grip almost forgetting about keeping low.

Tears brimmed my eyes but never fell to cheeks as I looked into that man's eyes with disgust and so...much...rage.