1. This isn't the END

Start bij het begin

I went in the room where the performers will be waiting for their turn. I sat beside Hee-joon oppa (H.O.T.), one of the host of Immortal Song. Ji-won (Sechskies), on of the host as well, gave me two thumbs up.

"You look so elegant with your dress," he complimented.

"Kamsahamnida," I thanked him and slightly bowed.

The show started and thank goodness I wasn't the first to perform. I watch them perform with amusement. Veteran singers are really something, they are daebak.

It is now my turn to perform so I climbed up the stage.

"Annyeong haseyo," I greeted the audience and bow at them. "I'm Sun-ji from the girl group Bliss. It's my first time here and I hope you'll take care of me," I chuckled and I heard the audience chuckled as well.

My eyes wandered and there I saw him, wearing a cap. Whatever disguise he's in, I'll always recognize him even from afar.

Now I'm ready to perform. The lights dimmed and the background music filled the area.

L's POV

I lowered my cap and sat beside an ahjuma and a halmoni so that no one will recognize me.

Sun-ji introduced herself then the lights dimmed and background music filled the area. Based on the background music, what she's going to perform is Baek Ji Young's Don't Forget.

♪We've loved each other

Though we're parting now.

Still, different places share a single heaven

Please don't forget me

At the cold wind's touch

The sound of your laughter

And your eyes where I was mirrored

Come back to me.

I weep and weep still more for loneliness.

My lips were frozen,

So I couldn't speak these words:

We've loved each other

Though we're parting now.

Still, different places share a single heaven

Please don't forget me

Tears sealed my lips.

So I couldn't speak these words:

We've loved each other

Though we're parting now.

Still, different places share a single heaven

Please don't forget me.

The one who turned aside clutching her heart

as she sent you away,

do you maybe realize

that was none other than me?

Since that was so, give me your love.

Still, different places share a single heaven,

Please some day come back to me.

We've loved each other

Though we're parting now.

Still, different places share a single heaven

Please don't forget me♪

She finished singing and now my eyes are soaked with tears. I'm crying not just because of her amazing performance but also because of the lyrics of the song.

"She's so amazing, isn't she?" the halmoni beside me said. "Her performance is so amazing that it moved both of us to tears," she chuckled and wiped her cheeks. She looked at me and chuckled more.

I guess she didn't recognized me because she wasn't shocked when she saw my face. She looked at Sun-ji again who is now getting down the stage.

"I hope there will be no hindrance with her career. I can see that she really loves what she's doing and I also hope that she will be successful for a very long time," she said while smiling.

She's right, nothing should stop her success, not even me. If being with me will put her career at risk then I should do the right thing to do.

I excused myself from the halmoni and went out.

*****************

"Why did you want to meet me here at 'our place' at this time?" she asked as she sat beside me on the log.

Our place...

We decided to call the sea that we often go to 'our place' since it's always us who go here.

I told Sun-ji to come here after all of her schedule for today.

"I want to see you," I said as I look at her. She chuckled then rest her head on my shoulder.

"Why did you leave so soon?" she asked as she intertwined our fingers.

"Sungkyu hyung called, he needed some help with something," I lied. The truth is, I've been wandering the streets for hours, having a hard time to think. "By the way, you were amazing."

Silence... We just keep on playing with our intertwined hands.

"Sun-ji?"

"Hmm?"

"Let's take a break."

"Do you want dae-pyo-nim to turn into a super Sian from anger?" she chuckled.

"I... I didn't mean from our work... From our relationship," she slowly lift her head and look at me.

"Let's take a break from our relationship," I repeated as I look straight into her eyes. She pulled her hand away from mine and looked at me with a confused look.

"I... I don't understand," she said and I remained silent. She look at the sand and played with her fingers.

"Why? Don't you love me anymore?" she asked, not looking at me.

"Of course I do," I sighed.

"Then why... why are you breaking up with me?" she asked with her shaky voice. I moved closer to her and lift her head by cupping her cheeks.

"I'm not breaking up with you. I don't have the courage and I will never have the courage to do so because I love. I love so much," I said and wiped her tears.

"My fans are already suspecting that there's something going on between us. I don't want you to know about this but you're gaining anti-fans because of that. I don't want to put your dream at risk," I explained.

"We won't break up. Nothing can separate us. We just have to take a break," I said and rest my head on hers. Even though it pains me a lot but I need to do this. I need to do this for her.