Humanstuck TaVris

'Turn away
If you could get me a drink
Of water 'cause my lips are chapped and faded'

Tavros followed the sound of sobbing next door, where his... frenemy, Vriska, lives. The song had been playing for hours, and he'd already cried many times just listening to it.

He knocked on the door, only for it to creak open on its own.

"T-tavros?" Vriska calls softly from the couch, tears streaming from her bright eyes. Behind her glasses were pools of misery.

"I-I'm sorry, I was just wondering, uh, if you were ok. You've been crying for a while."

Her eyes widen. "You could hear?"

I nod hesitantly.

She looks into her lap, messing with something. "Can-can you come here? I'd like you to meet someone." She says softly. I fit my wheelchair through the door with practiced ease. I wheel my way over to her, and find her petting a spider. A rather large one, at that. Maybe a tarantula.

Vriska wipes away her tears. "Her name is Spidermom. Like Spiderman, but it's a girl so..." She trails off as more tears collect in her eyes. She sniffs, shoulders heaving. "I've had her since forever. My parents got her two years before I was born. She's about twenty five years old now." Sobs wracked her shoulders. I steel my nerves, reaching out a shaky hand to pet the spider. Vriska lightly holds my hand, guiding it to Spidermom. With her help, I pet her. The spider doesn't react negatively, only sits there.

'Call my aunt Marie
Help her gather all my things
And bury me in all my favorite colors
My sisters and my brothers
Still
I will not kiss you
'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you

Now turn away
'Cause I'm awful just to see
'Cause all my hair's abandoned all my body
Oh, my agony'

I hear a sigh, and look up at Vriska. She still hasn't told me why she's crying. She looks me in the eyes, hers puffy and red. "They don't know what's wrong with her. It's some type of sickness, there's a bump here." She points to the spider's abdomen, where a small bump was. "It's like cancer, but not exactly." She laughs emptily. "Some type of infection. They can't do anything, so I've been spending more time with her. She was my first friend. Everyone else hated me- they even do now." Another dry chuckle.

I smile at her sadly. I felt sorry for her. "I'm sure someone, uh, likes you." I say in my timid voice.

She smiles a little stronger. Maybe a little forced. "Thanks, Tav."

"How long does she have?"

Any smile she had dissapears. "Today."

'Know that I will never marry
Baby, I'm just soggy from the chemo
But counting down the days to go
It just ain't living
And I just hope you know

That if you say (if you say)
Goodbye today (goodbye today)
I'd ask you to be true (cause I'd ask you to be true)'

It had been a week since she'd lost her best friend, her little spider. In that week, she'd changed vastly. Maybe it's because she doesn't really speak, but she hasn't tormented me as much. And it's getting on my nerves. I hear her crying nearly every night.

So I have a plan.

I knock on her door, clearing my throat and attempting not to die inside.

"Yea, what do you- oh, hey, Tav, what's up." She says casually, eyeing the box on my lap. I rub my face, making sure she doesn't see the blush.

"Um, I-I uh, got you something." I internally curse my stutter. "I had a friend pull some strings." (Pun intended.)

Vriska beckons me inside, closing the door and she sits in front of me on her couch. I hand her the box, and she opens it quickly, not good with suspense.

I don't hear a noise from her as she stares at the gift. Then all I can hear is sobbing as I'm tackled, almost toppling my wheelchair. 'Thank you's repeat themselves over and over in my ear as Vriska buries her face in my neck. She pulls away, but before I can move she kisses me.

It was a short kiss, but it was needy and lonely. She quickly pulls away, her eyes looking into mine in fear of being rejected. I smile sheepishly, and she smiles back, hugging me.

An exact figurine from a friend, with a plaque, that said:

'Spidermom, The Greatest Friend.'

There was also a note,
'You are not alone }:)'

''Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you
'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you'