Eri♡kar Bakery AU

Human! Eridan x Troll! Karkat

*"Your love of strawberry shortcake really doesn't match your appearance but I still think that's really cute" AU, credit to owner

*Nep ends up with my friend, he's been down lately so 'ere.

*Reminder that I wrote this late at night

-Eridan-

My eyes flutter around the bakery, taking in all the people around me... procrastinating on a really important project for school. I train my gaze back at the computer determinedly. I was almost done anyway, bullshitting all the information out. Sipping my cooled coffee, it's nearly sputtered out of my mouth when I see the battery percentage. IT WAS DYING.

I quickly take my cord out, but when I gaze around there's only one open outlet... and it's by a very terrifying-looking male troll, complete with black hair and a lip piercing.

Still, however intimidating, I needed that plug in.

I stand and hesitantly carry my laptop over to the table he sat at.

"Do you mind if I sit here? My laptop is dyin'."

He just shrugs, glaring out the window.

I take this as a yes, sitting across from him, and plug my stuff in bef-

NO IT DIED IT DIED.

I stare at the black screen for a moment, then slowly just rest my head on the keyboard.

I just stay there for a few minutes. The keyboard was my new friend.

I quickly shoot up from that position after a tap on the head, and I look up.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" He asks rather loudly, catching the gazes of a few people. I duck my head down a bit.

"Could you be any louder?"

He rolls his eyes. "I ASKED A QUESTION."

I sigh. "It shut off before I could save." My face rests in my palm. "I wwas almost done, too."

He furrows his eyebrows. The laptop finally starts to come back on, and, as predicted, it wasn't saved at all; I groan.

The troll's eyes roll once more. "MORON. HERE."

(HEY GUYS THIS WORKS IRL)

He sits in the chair beside me, moving the mouse to Windows, opening a new tab. He goes to 'File', then to 'Recent Documents', scrolling down until he found 'Unsaved Documents'. He clicks it, and the one I was writing pops up. It opens, and there it was!

I look at him in awe. "Thank you so vvery much."

He just shrugs, reading my masterpiece of bullshittery.

"You're writing about Troll Romance?" He asks, quiet for once, and I nod hesitantly. "Well, I can tell from the first sentence that this is all wrong."

My shoulders droop. "I knoww."

"I could help if you want."

"Reely?"

"Yeah, sure. I have time to kill anyways, and my order isn't here yet."

"Alright, thank you...?"

"Karkat. Karkat Vantas"

I smile broadly. "Eridan Ampora."

He explains SO MUCH, AND I'VE LEARNED EVERYTHING by the time he's halfway through. I've been typing what he says, listening intently.

We stop halfway, when his order appears. I gape at him for a moment, awkwardly getting up to order another coffee.

Strawberry shortcake...?!

It was such an innocent, happy desert. So unlike his Punk-Rock appearance and attitude. It... was absolutely adorably ironic.

I sigh as I wait, glancing over once or a dozen times. He was hot, I have to admit.

I get my coffee and sit back down. He's eating it with small, delicate bites. Really kind of adorable.

"Hey, so, just bein' curious, but wwhat quadrants do you havve filled?" I ask, taking a quick sip of coffee.

He turns slightly red and hides his face. "Just the pale one."

I look at him, confused. "Wwhy are you hidin' your face?"

He shakes his head, looking back at me. "IT WAS AN UNEXPECTED QUESTION." Dear lord he was loud again.

"Sorry, I wwas just askin'." I huff, crossing my arms.

He sighs. "Sorry." Suddenly I hear a small voice clearing their throat.

"Excuse me, but would one of you purrhaps like this? It was made by accident." A feminine voice asks.

I look over, seeing a troll holding a strawberry shortcake.

Karkat quickly nods, taking it from her eagerly.

She walks away as he sees my pout. "Maybe I wwanted it." I partially smirk, and he saw it, smirking back.

"Well, here, have some." He scoops some on his fork, presenting it to me. I open my mouth, and he purposely gets the syrup all over my face. I could tell because of his fucking grin.

I eat it anyway, rolling my eyes. Swallowing, I focus back on the paper. "Ok, so next quad- Karkat what - mmph!" My eyes widen as lips meet mine, tasting of strawberry shortcake.

He pulls away reel quick, fingers to his lips. There is squealing in the background, the waitress holding on to her curly-haired fiancé and squealing so much, but neither of us notice.

His face is a shade of candy red, the smallest of tears welling up in his eyes. "I-I..."

I remember reading something about trolls being attracted to anything with their blood colour. By his face, I know what's happened.

"Hey, Kar-"

"NO, I DON'T CARE, LETS JUST GET TO YOUR PROJECT." He bites his lip, looking down. "Please don't tell anyone my blood colour." He whispers.

I nod. "Alright. But, can you lick off the syrup? You're the reason it's there." I wink flirtatiously, and he grabs my shirt, pulling me close.

Let's just say the waitress's ship was on point.