Mituna x Cronus

(Thanks for the request.)

Cronus sits on the edge of the pier. A cigarette blazes in his hand. The smoke curls around his face as he lets it out of his mouth with a sigh. A weight seems to lift from his shoulders. It quickly returns.

An aching resonates in his bloodpumper. A feeling that he usually ignores. That he's ignored for so long. And, now that he's alone, it hurts.

He takes another drag. These things only lead to trouble. That's why he never lit them. Until now.

The smoke disippates in the evening air.

A familiar voice behind him almost makes him choke.

"Those are bad, you know." The voice has a certain lisp. One he knows very well.

"Doesn't matter." He flicks the ashes off. "Shouldn't to you, at least."

"Well it does. You aren't always mean." Mituna plops down, sitting next to Cronus. "Like when you think no one is watching."

"Really?" Cronus looks at him skeptically. His eyes are wide, but untrusting.

"Really." Mituna smiles. Usually the words have more of a childish ring. It was peculiar. He was serious. It was much more like the old 'Tuna.

"I guess I just forget to, sometimes." He plays it off coolly. Or at least tries to.

"I know you do. It's because you're not used to it. You're an asshole, but most of the time only by choice." He smiles cheekily, the childlike ring back in his voice.

"You think so?" Cronus scowls, more at himself than Mituna.

"I do. And I'll be here for when you give it up, okay?" Mituna's smile grows into a pleasant, toothy grin.

"Really?" Cronus gapes at him, uncertain.

"Really."