Mindfang ♡ Reader

Your name is Y/n L/n. You are one of many cooks/dishwashers for none other than the infamous Marquise Spinneret Mindfang.

Currently, you are baking a cake for your feared Captain's wriggling day tomorrow. A dangerous feat, but necessary nonetheless.

You step back, admiring your work. So much blue. You only had one colour of icing, cerulean, so you had taken a knife and cut the words 'Happy Wriggling Day, Captain' in the icing. You hope she likes chocolate. After finishing the dishes, you smile.

You sneak down the hallways with the cake, thankful that you are so lightfooted, and silently open the door to her respite block. You tiptoe over, placing the cake on her bedside table.

Your eyes catch on her sleeping face, so much more innocent than when she was awake. Finding yourself staring at her beauty, you snap out of it and are out of the door, in your room. You sigh, changing into your nightclothes and falling asleep.

You hope the Captain likes the cake.

---- ----

Dishes fill the sink as you scrub away with the sponge. A loud bang sounds as the door slams.

"Front and center."

Fuck, it's the Captain. You shut off the sink and dry your hands, joining the group who moved to stand stiff in front of Mindfang.

Her voice purrs dangerously. "Can anyone tell me if someone was out of 8ed last night?"

No answer. You don't know if anyone had been awake to see you. And you don't want to be punished.

"Anyone?"

Still nothing.

"If no one replies, there will 8e ... consequences." She warns cooly.

Silence. Until a fearful voice blurts:

"Y-y/n wasn't in her bed when I woke last night!"

Your heart plummets as eyes peer toward you. You try to sink into the floor, hands fidgeting as you look down.

"Is this true, Y/n~?" She purrs in a dangerous voice.

You nod, fear making your movements choppy.

She chuckles, striding forward to grab your wrist, pulling you with her. She marches you to her respite block, dragging you in and closing the door. Sealing any hope of escape away.

"It was you who was out last night, yes?" You nod again. "And you made the cake?" Another terrified nod. "How... how do you know?" Suddenly her voice was soft, wistful.

"I heard some of the crew talking, and I figured... No one else would do anything." You tug on the hem of your shirt.

"It was a gr8 cake, thank you." She smiles, tilting your head up with a finger. Your face tints.

"I-I'm glad you liked it."

"Although, the colour was a little off..." She pouts slightly.

"S-sorry." You avert your eyes, only for her to smirk.

"May8e you should see firsthand~" Her lips meet yours, brushing them softly.