Chapter Twelve 1/2➷

"Hello, everyone!" Adam waltzed in through the front door and stopped in the living room with Meg by his side.

Dean looked up from a phone call he was having with his brother, "Yeah, Sammy. I'll call you later."

Dean hung up, Adam's eyes lighting with amusement.

"Oh, haven't heard from Sammy in awhile."

Dean crossed his arms being the only one in the living room. Castiel, Nick, and Rowena were out in the back garden.

"What the hell do you want, Adam. Meg." Dean glared at the two demons, Adam shaking his head.

"Is that any way to welcome your family."

Adam's smile grew wider as the anger Dean was holding, was on the brink of snapping.

"You're not my family." Dean narrowed his eyes, clenching down on his teeth.

"Oh Dean. We share the same blood you and I. We'll always be brothers."

Dean growled, "Family. Never. Now what do-"

"Family?" Castiel's voice came from behind Dean, everyone looking at the boy in his oversized shirt and sweats.

"Castiel!" Adam smiled, moving closer to the boy.

Dean ignored the small migraine he was beginning to feel.

"Hello, Adam. Im sorry to interrupt, but I didnt know you were coming."

Castiel folded his hands in front of him, his eyes darting down.

Dean's fists clenched.

"That's alright, angel."

"That's enough." Rowena entered the living room.

Dean looked up at her, seeing colors. Not the right ones.

Adam smiled, taking a few steps back.

"I just came. I wanted to take Castiel out again, I wanted to take you all out today. The lake."

Castiel looked up at him, then Dean.

"Lake? Yes! I'd love to go!" Castiel smiled, Dean's eyes saying anything but yes.

"We'll all go. I think it's time for a break. Don't you think?" Rowena looked at Dean, Dean's words getting caught in his throat.

He motioned for Rowena to follow him into the kitchen.

The red head excused them, following him, concern written all over her face.

"Rowena- he, he, he can't.-" Dean turned his back to the red head, gripping the counter, and catching his breath.

"Dean, what are you doing?"

Dean turned back to Castiel, "Doing what's bes-"

"You're not doing what's best! You're killing yourself!"

Dean narrowed his eyes, "I'm fine. Im-"

"Don't you lie to me, boy!" Rowena put her hand up to Dean's face.

"You're burning up! Adam's hurting you! You have to make contact with Castiel. You know it'll kill you if you don't."

Dean shook his head, "No. Im not going to let that bastard get to me! So what, a demon's around Castiel. It's fine."

"Not a demon, Dean. You're brother."

"HE'S NOT!" Dean sucked in a breath, dipping his head, "He's not my brother my brother. Is Sam."