Chapter Nine➷

||Note: This is my longest chapter so far.. (ಥ ͜ʖಥ)||

"What are you?" Castiel's voice shook with fear, he took a small step back.

"I'm Sam. Your friend." Sam reassured, a smile on his face.

"Wh-what are you, Sam."

"It's not im-"

"NOW, SAM." Castiel's voice cracked with every word that came out. He'd try to mask the fear, he would try to act as tough as he could get, but this was too much.

A boy he thought he was getting to know was something Castiel might not even comprehend.

"Im- I'm a witch, but I'm a good one. I would never hurt you. You've gotta understand."

Castiel froze, his brain trying to register what the Winchester had just said.

"A witch? How are you- how is this even possible?!"
Castiel turned to the counter, gripping it like a life was at stake.

"I know it's hard to believe, but I'm good and.. and-."

"Prove it." Castiel turned back to Sam, his face full of determination.

"What? How do I prove it?!"

"Well you're the witch, so you tell me." Castiel mustered his courage and began to walk towards Sam.

Sam thought, shrugging after a few seconds.

He took Castiel by the arm and turned him towards the kitchen.

"Watch."

Castiel watched as Sam lifted a hand, the table and items on the counter lifting with in mid air before he brought them back down.

Castiel's mouth hung ajar. How was- what the hell?

"How are you doing that?!"

Sam grinned, "Witch."

"Why are you here? Who was on the phone? What did they want? What about marriage? What about-"
Castiel stopped. "Is Dean a witch?!"

Sam stared for a second.
"That's what we need to talk about. I don't know who the person was, but everything you heard.. That's information that could get you killed. It could get Dean killed."

"What are you talking about? I don't understand."

Sam walked closer to Castiel, taking his wrist and letting his finger run across the dark ink on Castiel's skin.

"Ever thought what this meant?"

Castiel studied it, "It's my birthday in Roman numerals and some weird initials."

"Did you ever ask yourself what the initials meant?"

"No.."

"D.W- Dean Winchester."

Sam released Castiel's wrist, the boy studying it harder now.

"Why would Dean's initials be marked on my wrist?!"

"It's a claim." Sam leaned against one of the counters.

"A claim?"

"It's Dean's claim on you, like your claim on him."

"I never claimed anybody."

"You wouldn't remember."

Castiel furrowed his brows, "But even then he has nothing on his wrists."

"It's not on his wrist, his is different. It's on the left side of his chest."

Castiel opened and closed his mouth, trying to decide what to say.
"How? He came downstairs shirtless. It was bare. He had nothing."