Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

She already has the dress that DiDi bought for her on – nude in color with a white belt for an accent.

He brought her nude pumps too.

"Voila!" Vikas announced as he put finishing touches on her hair.

He spinned her chair around to help her stand up and assisted her in facing the floor-length mirror in the middle of his work space.

The full effect of the look had her stunned.

She looked so natural yet Yue knew that never in a thousand years would she look this "naturally" beautiful.

Her hair was cascading down her shoulders in soft waves, her face looked like it almost has no hint of make-up except for her cheeks that looked flushed just right and her lips that looked like they were ready to kiss someone.

The outfit was a mix of simplicity and elegance. The tone of the dress and her shoe made her legs look like they could go on for miles and no matter how much she hated the bastard who brought it for her, she would not deny his impeccable taste.

"WOW!" she exclaimed.

"Happy, Madame?" Vikas asked her, the smug smile on his face saying that even if she doesn't answer, he knows how awesome he is. The guy not only looked like a demi-god, he had cheek as well.

Yue momentarily forgot everything that was splitting her head into two and smiled at the stylist. "Thank you Vikas."

"That is more I like it Ms. Shen" he smiled back at her "Never forget that a woman's best accessory is always her smile."

She nodded and looked at herself in the mirror again.

She remembered what DiDi told her. "Most definitely not a loser" she thought to herself.

She felt her spirits lift.

Because of their situation, Yue won't admit it to him or to anyone else that when he arrived at the beauty center to pick her up, her breathe hitched at the sight of him.

She noticed everything.

His hair was parted to the left, he rolled his white sleeves up his arms, and had it tucked in black jeans.

He was casually gorgeous and real bad for any woman's heart.

Because of how furious she is with him, she has a tendency to sometimes forget that.

"Wear this" the handsome devil handed her a box as they sat in his car.

She raised a brow at him and saw a pair of pearl earrings.

"What is this?!?"

It was his turn to raise a brow at her. "Earrings."

She huffed. "I know. What I meant was why are you giving them to me?"

He maneuvered the car out of the parking lot. "For a writer, you are not always so articulate Ms. Shen. And I am giving you those earrings because you are not wearing earrings now."

Her hands immediately connected to her ears, giving truth to his words. Her forehead creased. "For someone who calls himself my enemy, you give me too many gifts."

He smiled. "You need to surround yourself with beautiful things that you can comfort yourself with when you finally agree to stop writing my sister's story."

She hated that he sounded so sure. "I will return them to you!"

"So, are you going to strip naked to give everything I gave you back to me? It's still quite early, Ms. Shen, and we're on the road. People in the car next to us might be scandalized."

She felt her cheeks heating up. "YOU WISH!" she blurted.

Wang He Di laughed. "No. I think you do."

This man's confidence can rival the height of Mt. Everest. "Let me off! I will go to the party all by myself!"

He laughed harder. "If you can stop being childish for one second, you might actually wear those pearls already so that people at the party won't think about why you could have forgotten to wear earrings. And then, of course, they would think next about what could you possibly be thinking about that made you forget all about your earrings and that would lead to a plethora of awkward questions that I do not think you want to answer."

"You think too much. People there won't even notice me."

"Ms. Shen, I hope you are not as naïve to think that the people you call your friends do not see that you are still in love with this Zhi Ting guy. I learned about your feelings for him because of one of them. I am sure they'll notice YOU later."

He had a point.

And she hated that it was a very good point.

However, it also made her consider whether she had just been oblivious to everything.

She had been evading thinking about it too deeply but facing all her friends in about an hour or two made her consider whether she had really fooled everyone into thinking that she was over Zhi Ting or whether she had only fooled herself into believing that that was what she did.

If what DiDi said is true, she has to do better and not let Dong Xin see her heartbroken over their engagement and soon-to-be wedding.

This was her best friend's night and Xin deserved all the happiness in the world.

Yue had accepted that a long long time ago.

It was time to make sure that everyone knew that.

It was critical.

She put on the pearl earrings.

My VillainOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara