Chapter Eight

Yue was happy she was tired. She hoped this meant she could sleep faster than how she slept last night.

She was too angry and too frustrated with the words she exchanged with the villainous Wang He Di to even get some shuteye that it was already three in the morning before she managed to finally get some sleep.

The Wang Corporation heir's visit this morning did nothing to improve her mood.

She crawled towards her bed after slathering her face with moisturizer when her cellphone rang.

She looked at it and saw Dong Xin's name.

Xin is probably having breakfast now and just wanted to check up on her, especially as they ended their call this morning quite abruptly and she did not manage to immediately update the other woman about who her supposed guest was. "Hello" she answered the phone.

"SHEN YUE!!!!! I AM ENGAGED!!!!!"

She felt the earth being pulled right under her feet. "WHAT?!?!?!?!?!"

"I can't believe it too! Zhi Ting proposed during breakfast! He is here right now looking like an idiot. HE FLEW IN AND SURPRISED ME! OH MY GOD Yue!!!!"

Yue held on to the headboard of her bed for support staying up.

"Look at her! She's just as shocked!", Dong Xin called out to her boyfriend err fiancé now. She was laughing, her happiness bursting and evident despite the distance.

"Yue!" Gao Zhi Ting's voice came through the phone. Her best friend had put her on speaker.

"Zhi Ting!" was all she managed to say.

"Well, hold on to something because we have another surprise for you... we're getting married in a month", he reported.

Her phone slipped out of her hands.

IN A MONTH?!?!

"Yue? Yue?"

She immediately picked her phone up. "Sorry. Sorry. WOW. Oh my god! This really is a surprise."

Zhi Ting laughed. "Well... be ready in a month ok? I arranged everything. I am taking Dong Xin back home!"

She clutched at her phone like it was a lifeline and grasped for air. She put on a smile to fake her enthusiasm. "Of course! This really is super surprising! I cannot believe it! Congratulations you two! I am so sorry I did not get to immediately say it but WOW! Congratulations!"

"Thank you Yue! Even I couldn't believe it myself and you're the first person I really wanted to call to share the news with! I am going to call home now and tell Dad", her best friend told her.

"I still cannot believe it you two!" That wasn't a lie "You are not going to make me sleep."

Dong Xin and Gao Zhi Ting laughed. "We will call you again when everything has settled down ok?"

"Yes. And Congratulations! I'm at a loss for words."

"Me too", Xin replied, "We just had to call you first! Talk to you later Yue!"

Her best friend put the phone down and Yue felt energy creeping back into her – only this energy was sucking everything else out.

She and Dong Xin had been friends since Fifth Grade.

She was bullied when they were children because of how small and thin she was and she often came home crying. Then, Dong Xin transferred from Shanghai to their school in Beijing and the first person she became friends with was Yue.