Chapter Sixteen

Zi Wei knows her brother.

He is one of the sweetest and most down to earth guys in the world but she has to admit that after Zuer, he started to put more weight in his pride.

If what was going to happen was going to put his ego down in any way possible, he wouldn't think twice about doing whatever needs to be done for it to NOT happen.

That is why she wasn't surprised at all when he confronted the author, Shen Yue, after learning that she will be writing a part two for her book that will involve Zi Wei and Kido. She, actually, even anticipated it that is why she had planned for Yue to be able to do everything she needed for her research on the book while her brother was still out of the country.

Of course, his "sudden" return took Zi Wei back but he, unleashing hell on all of them, she counted on.

However, if what her fiance is telling her now is true, she is most intrigued.

"Are you sure Gege let Yue sleep in his house?"

Kido nodded. "We actually had a good time teasing him about what he "did" to her but he said matter-of-factly that he didn't do anything except let her sleep until she was sober enough to leave in the morning."

"Well... it's good to know he is still a gentleman. However, did he say what Yue's reaction was when she woke up?"

"You know your brother. He won't get into details. He just told us she scrambled to leave. So I am guessing, she must have been really embarrassed about what happened."

"Or she got scared of him."

The man laughed. "That is possible."

She bit on her nails as a thought hit her. "Do you think I should call Yue, though?"

"Call her?"

"Well... it just popped in my head... I mean... why would she go out all by herself to get drunk? Don't you think she might have a problem?"

"Baobei, we did ask your brother if he managed to learn anything or if Yue let slip any possible reason why she was out drinking by herself. He said he didn't know a thing nor did he ask because it may be personal to her."

She frowned in worry. "It's just sad, I think. From the times we've talked to Yue, I don't think she will go out and drink on her own."

"I agree with you but maybe we should let Yue talk to us about it – if she wants to – instead of asking her? On this, I side with your brother. It may indeed be something very personal."

At that moment, she agreed with Kido but Zi Wei has always had a stubborn streak – especially in terms of ensuring that the people she knows are doing fine.

She calls a handful of people friends and even though she and Yue had only known each other for less than a month, pouring your heart out to another person (even though it was just through interviews) was still equivalent to sharing your life with them and the writer has always been such a good listener and sympathizer.

An hour after talking to her fiancé, she went out the pool area to call the writer.

Zi Wei wanted to at least be a source of comfort for the other woman.

Zuer was waiting for her car at the valet pick-up point when Yue saw that Wang Zi Wei was calling her.

Near panic, she immediately hid her phone as her friend kissed her goodbye.

She still has not been able to tell the other woman about the second book she is writing and after their talk, she thinks it might be better for her to wait for Zuer and Feiyu to make up before she springs the news to them.