Chapter Forty-One

With only four days to go before the wedding, Shen Yue feels that she is so tired, her body could split in two and she would be relieved.

However, she does recognize that if she was tired and stressed, Xin must feel double, if not triple of what she feels.

"When I get married, there will be no ceremony. I will not wear a gown. And people can just arrive in whatever outfit they want to arrive in. We will all eat street food. I will carry daisies in my bouquet. And if my entourage decides they just want to wear pajamas, then I will let them. I don't care. As long as everyone enjoys, I am great", she told her bestfriend as they both deflated on the sofa, kicking their flats away and spreading both arms and legs as much as they can without hitting each other.

"Did I tell you that around the second week of prep, I asked Zhi Ting if we could just elope and be done with all of these?", Xin admitted, "But then I remembered how hard he worked for this to happen so after that, I just shut up and take it all in."

"Whenever that happens, I truly believe you love Zhi Ting."

"When what happens?"

"When you do your best to shut up and not say the truth because you know it could hurt him. You are only like that to Zhi Ting. You are savage with everyone else."

Xin smiled, her face shining after one of the longest days they have ever had. "Well... I'm always normally more savage with him but then... he's just always patient with me and I know that he deserves more than just me always whining and complaining. So I do my best to level the playing field. That guy loves me too, and I know I am hard to love... so, I can't help but love him right back."

Because of their situation before, Yue rarely ventured into talking to either Zhi Ting or Xin about how much they love each other or why.

Discussions like that only hurt her before.

That's why she feels that the past days have been so freeing. And it often feels like they have been catching up on years of missed opportunities for conversation as honest and stripped down as they are having now.

"Well, THAT is true. You could be very bitchy. That's why I wondered before how Zhi Ting liked you and not me."

Xin walloped her with a throw pillow. "I was an angel before! You were the bitchy one. And then I think somewhere along the way I rubbed off on you and you rubbed off on me and now we're like this."

"Excuse me! As far as I remember, I wasn't the one who suddenly just stopped talking to Jia Qi because she kept on gossiping during class reviews."

Xin raised a brow. "THAT is a very valid excuse to stop talking to someone. We all paid huge sums of money for that class! And from what I remember, you all thanked me for it because Jia Qi understood that we all wanted to study and we were serious about passing college so she shut up."

Yue was about to rebut when Zhi Ting walked in on them, all smiles, and dragging an obviously awkward Wang He Di behind him.

She and Xin immediately sat up properly!

It would be too late to pluck down one of the flats dangling against a picture frame in the far corner of the living room (that Yue realized to her horror was hers) so they can present a much more decent picture to the newcomer.

She tried to breathe in as much as she could so her face wouldn't turn to the color of a red tomato, just thinking that the Wang Corp. Heir might have seen her and Xin looking like dejected losers hanging around the couch.

"Hi Yue! Hi Xin!", he greeted.

"Wang He Di, what are you doing at our house AGAIN?", her bestfriend asked, throwing in an arched eyebrow for the full "villainess" effect.