Chapter Nine

Wang He Di has his own pad near the office.

When work becomes hectic, he goes there rather than drive all the way back to their estate.

Although the past three nights he'd been staying here wasn't as hectic as the normal times he would be here, he currently prefers his own company over that of his family.

He loved them but like all normal people, he hated them sometimes.

Right after talking with Zi Wei, he received a message from his Father telling him that he and his sister should find a way to fix this.

He heaved a sigh and decided not to respond.

He doesn't understand how his parents were taking this so lightly.

They were also hurt by the scandal of his fiancée and his sister's boyfriend. He had seen that. They even talked about it.

Why would they want themselves exposed to the public again?

Nothing good ever comes out of allowing other people the power to judge you.

His phone rang as soon as he came in his pad and he saw it was one of his friends.

"Yi Fan."

"Where are you Di?"

Wu Yi Fan is a friend who owns two bars near his unit. The guy is probably going to ask him to come out for a drink.

"I'm at my place."

"Perfect! Come here at the bar!"

It was Friday. DiDi had one of the shittiest weeks ever. He needed to go out and drink.

"Sure."

"This is amazing! You immediately said yes!"

"Ok! I just won't go then."

Yi Fan laughed aloud. "Idiot! We'll wait for you. Kido begged off again because it's apparently date night. Can you tell your sister to not lock him up?"

He sighed, stopping himself from any form of retort. He really doesn't want to talk about the ongoing drama between him and his sibling. "I'll be there in 30 minutes."

"We'll be seated out front, ok? I need the place full tonight."

It was a running joke they had. Whenever Yi Fan needed his bar full, he'd call all his handsome friends up and sit them outside where women can see them. If women come inside his bar, men immediately follow.

"Slow night?"

"Yes. So hurry your ass up here!"

Almost half an hour later, Wang He Di parked right in front of Draft and found the place filled to the rafters.

Yi Fan greeted him.

"So this is what you call a slow night now?", he asked.

"When you and I were talking, Xi Zi and the guys weren't here yet" Yi Fan answered and pointed towards the other men sitting right out front.

"WANG HE DI!" Li Xi Zi shouted merrily as he and Yi Fan came nearer.

"So who in your house are you not talking to and you are in your condo on a Friday?", Wu Xi Ze, who never knows when to shut up, asked him upfront.

"It's a good thing you guys are here. And wow, really? None of you would even offer me a drink before grilling me?" he replied and took the seat to the far left.

"Was there ever a time we were THAT kind to one another?" Xi Zi responded.

"Well I'm kind", Yi Fan cut in and waved for his waiters to bring in a selection of food and drinks.