Chapter Seventy-One

Zi Wei put the phone down and uttered a prayer for her brother's safe flight.

They continued talking up until the moment he boarded his plane.

He also managed to talk to their Mother, to Kido, to Xi Zi, and even Yue's younger brother, Yang.

Each one of them told him to trust that his girlfriend will be ok. Each one of them told him to focus on getting home safely. Each one of them assured him that when the operation ends anytime that he is on the plane, they will immediately call him or message him. Yang even joked that DiDi can continue his "tradition" of visiting Yue in the morning.

Zi Wei had to smile at that and she was sure that even her brother must have cracked a smile.

None of them told him the truth of Yue's accident.

They all fear what he could start thinking if he knows that Chen Feiyu is involved and that Song Zuer is also in the operating table now, fighting for her life.

He doesn't need to build a volcano of anger on his seven-hour flight back to Beijing.

"He might finally kill Feiyu this time", Xi Zi told all of them on that uncomfortable car ride going to the hospital, "I mean – Yue isn't even my girlfriend but I want to kill him."

And when they had all arrived, both he and Kido were almost immediately kicked out of the hospital because they had punched Feiyu square in the face.

The man suffered a broken nose and a dislocated jaw and was immediately stitched up in the ER. It was only due to her Mother that both men were allowed to stay. They were, however, given a warning and since then, both brooded away from her ex-boyfriend.

They managed to eventually calm down after Shen Yue's father talked to them.

So as of the moment, Feiyu is staying in the waiting room for the OR on the other end of the hallway.

Zi Wei decided to go to him and talk to him.

She stood in front of the other waiting room's door and took a deep breath.

Zuer's family had already arrived there and was as stunned as their family was to see each other.

However, there was no time to be awkward as two lives were on the line.

Zi Wei doesn't know whether, like her fiancé and friend, they're blaming Feiyu for what happened but she hopes not.

It is not a thing that she has courage to say out loud now, especially, as emotions are high but she knows that what happened was purely an accident.

It should not be blamed on Feiyu.

The accident could have happened on any other day.

He was not the one who caused it.

She hopes that he, himself, knows that too.

But as she remembered the look on his face when he was almost punched to oblivion, she feared that just like his brother, he is blaming himself.

Feiyu did not put up a fight or even raise his arms to at least protect himself from the punches.

And after Kido's fist connected to his jaw, he almost couldn't stand up for his legs had given way to his guilt.

It wasn't just the blood gushing out of his face or the way his nose had completely split in the middle but his whole aura seemed to scream that he would receive any punishment, he would take in any punches thrown his way, or if he could get killed right at that moment he would be at peace with it.