Chapter Fifty-Four

If Shen Yue had known that she would be meeting DiDi's friends again (because technically they've already met but she was just too drunk to remember), she would have done more than just taking a quick shower and brushing her teeth.

At seven in the freaking morning, she felt severely under-dressed and un-impressive with just a shirt and jeans on and almost no hint of make-up at all except for powder and lip gloss.

DiDi gave her no warning at all after their conversation last night where he told her he's finally arriving the following day and he hopes they could have breakfast together.

How in the world the man neglected to tell her that he would have others joining them for breakfast is beyond her!

"Uhmmmm... hello", she greeted five men, "Good morning."

The guy, who she remembered was the one that rescued her in the bar, was the first one to shake her hand. "Just because we didn't get to introduce ourselves properly the first time, I'm Wu Yi Fan."

She shook his hand and felt her embarrassment increase at the memory of their first meeting.

Do they think her a "loose" woman?

"I'm Tang Xiao Tian", the tallest amongst them said next.

"Good morning to you too! I'm Wu Xi Ze", the guy with the most beautiful pair of eyes she had ever seen re-introduced himself next.

It didn't surprise Yue to learn that the last guy is DiDi's bestfriend.

"Hello! I'm Li Xi Zi."

She took a breath to steady herself. "It's... nice to get to know your names. Hello again!"

Her already tense nerves got no help from DiDi who hugged her without preamble as soon as all of his friends finished introducing themselves.

Her eyes expanded to the size of saucers.

The scent of his cologne and the heat of his body that almost drowned her is enough to make her knees give way.

"Good morning. I missed you", he whispered to her ear after kissing the top of her head, making her willing to make a bet that if his arms had not been around her, she might have fallen face first on the floor.

How could the fates have the audacity to attack her with a one-two punch combination like this so early in the morning?!?!

"Man, let her breathe!", Xi Zi's voice rose in the air.

She felt the deep sigh of reluctance escape his lips as he eventually loosened up his arms around her, still having an arm draped over her shoulders.

"Let's eat coz I can already hear my stomach grumbling!", Wu Xi Ze piped up next and proceeded to lead the wat to the restaurant.

All the others followed but DiDi held her back a little and then hugged her again.

"Hey!", she exclaimed.

"It feels like I haven't seen you for a month", he told her, the sincerity with which he said it matched by the sparkle in his eyes, making Yue bite back on the retort that was already on the edge of her tongue.

HOW COULD SHE EVEN TEASE HIM WHEN HE SAYS THINGS LIKE THAT WITH EYES LIKE THOSE SO EASILY???

"That was only two days", she told him instead.

"It felt like a month", he responded, taking one of her hands and leading her to the restaurant too, where his friends had already taken occupancy of a VIP table with a killer view, and everyone stared at them mesmerized.